Parts For Sale

Find high-quality parts for your classic BMW in our classifieds section, including engine components, suspension parts, and more. Browse our selection of interior and exterior accessories, performance upgrades, and restoration parts to get the best experience for your BMW

• Filter topics by forum
    1. G (nt) 1 2 3 4 12

2. WTB: 1602 badge

• ‘67 1600-2 Build

I last updated this blog in August 2023 and hadn’t done much since then—until a couple of weeks ago. What got me motivated was attending Katie’s Cars and Coffee in Great Falls, VA, where I got to rip around in my uncle’s 911e.    I joked with my wife that I really wanted a vintage Porsche, but really I just want to get behind the wheel of my 1600. Oh! And seeing pictures of the SCR pig cheek in photos from the Vintage also gave a need kick in the ass.    The 911E with original p

jmr_1602
      jmr_1602
      '67 1600-2 BUILD

And back to disassembly..

Unfortunately my oil burning issue seems to be deeper than valve guides & seals, as after reinstalling the fresh head its still blowing lots of blue smoke. Logically the next place to look would be piston rings, right?    ... here we go again 🙃   5pm   8pm     Hopefully tonight I'll open her up and see what the rings look like.    

veronatii
      veronatii
      Verona Tii+ 1

Chocolate for brakes. The odyssey

Ok, folks, so for those who didn't witness my crying in the forums about my brakes, I will bring you up to speed........          Okay, now that you are up to speed, I blasted everything apart and was finally able to install my performance brake pivot from I.E. The existing pivot was a bit rusty but ultimately functional. The new one feels better, but I haven't tried putting any fluid in the system.    I was convinced that shims were required behind the push r

Dudeland
      Dudeland
      Boost for Goosed

• Upcoming Events