• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trapezoid mirror attachment

I popped out the mirror and gasket on my trap mirror, as it seemed loose between the mirror head and the arm. The special bolt and spring washer are solid rust. Does anyone know of a source who actually sell those parts without getting the whole mirror? Thanks!

FAQ Member #126

on a trap mirror is like the one on a flag mirror, just an ordinary metric bolt...

Or...use lots of penetrating oil and try to remove the old bolt...

Or...advertise on the FAQ for a trap mirror that's damaged and salvage the parts you need (a parts mirror)

Lotsa ways to skin this particular cat (with apologies to feline fanciers--it's just an expression)...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

right.

The silly bolt and spring are unique and if/when they go south..it's a tough fix.

I have a great mirror that won't stay attached because of that poor design.

I'll be watching this one in case someone has an idea however, Creighton may already have provided the hard truth.

Glad I could contribute. Now I need to get mine fixed...or replaced.

The captive end is inside the mirror and if that gets buggered up, it's hopeless unless someone can state with empirical confidence that it's possible to chase the threads with a bottoming tap. I have yet to try it.