• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-73 Bavaria at Sun Valley Pick a Part

MAD02

I was there with the wife today and saw it. It was complete with all glass. Looks like it was in a barn for years. Front and rear bumpers were in great condition. Engine was complete. Had an automatic tranny. Just passing it along.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

quick, somebody's gotta save that bav's ass from the crusher!!!!!

When a car ends up in a pick-a-part, there is no way to get it back on the road. The pick-a-part can not sell it back to you as a complete car. Heck, they womn't even sell it as a parts car. I tried. It's a legal issue. The car has been junked at the DMV and once that happens, there is no turning back.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

quick, somebody's gotta save that bav's ass from the crusher!!!!!

When a car ends up in a pick-a-part, there is no way to get it back on the road. The pick-a-part can not sell it back to you as a complete car. Heck, they womn't even sell it as a parts car. I tried. It's a legal issue. The car has been junked at the DMV and once that happens, there is no turning back.

BUMMER. THOUGHT THERE WAS A GUY HERE IN SF THAT SAVED A GOLF BAV FROM THE CRUSHER, MAYBE IT WASN'T IN A JUNKYARD YET WHEN HE GOT IT.

(SORRY, IN RIMSPOKE MODE)

Last year, I almost purchased a 1985 524td from a local PYP for $600 for the whole car, and it would've come with a salvage title......

They can sell you a complete car here in CA (minus the catalytic converter), unless it was a 'cash for clunkers', then I think they can't sell the engine.

I also saw this car this past Saturday....the spider webs that covered the inside scared me from looking further.....not to mention what other critters had been living in there!

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

1. Inside and outside rear view mirrors--outside should be a trapezoid mirror; inside one is wider than an 02's and will fit an '02's mount.

2. The speed switch for the windshield wipers. A 72 Bav has the same wiper switch setup as a 72-73 2002: press in the turn signal stalk to turn the wipers on, and use the dash switch to select low and high speed. Except on a Bavaria there's an intermittent setting (check the wiper relay for seven terminals to make sure). So the dashboard wiper speed switch should have 3 positions: fully pushed in (intermittent); first notch (slow) and second notch (fast). These switches have been NLA for many years and are the key part to fitting intermittent wipers to a 72 or 73 2002--if you want to keep a stock appearance.

BMW used to make a kit with this switch, the 7 terminal relay and related wiring harness, but it too has been NLA for a long time.

I'm sure there are more things on the Bav, like a factory wood rim steering wheel if so fitted and the extensive tool kit, but the two above items come to mind.

'02 interchange trivia for today.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite