• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002tii Ceyon with sunroof for sale on craigslist

repoman

I made the four hour round trip out to Lancaster, CA to look at this car on Saturday (this is the second week this car has been listed).

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/cto/1756930517.html

The car is pretty dry underneath. It does have some rust on the bottom of the doors and the lower front fenders. The rust has been somewhat repaired. The rockers, shock towers, and spare tire all appear to be rust free, however, the spare tire well has a hugh dent in it from bottoming out, and therefore, does not allow the spare tire to lay flat, causing the trim piece to stick up a couple inches. The nose is not original, and it has been rear ended.

I was able to turn the original engine, that is out of the car, so I do not believe it is seized.

The car is not currently running, however, he did have an brand new ignition, so if you brought a battery and hooked up the steering column, or at least the ignition wires, you may be able to get it to start.

The air filter housing was in the trunk along with the original console. He also had some spare parts, such as a non lsd diff, glass, and trans.

I think it is still a very good candidate for a restore or daily driver at the asking price, however, I passed on it.

CLASSIC BMW 1972 2002tii FOR SALE - $4800 (Lancaster CA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-05-24, 9:32AM PDT

Reply to: sale-qynse-1756930517@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE BY OWNER, 1972 2002tii BMW, VIN# 2761458. THIS CLASSIC CAR BELONGED TO MY DAD. IT WAS RUNNING FINE LAST YEAR (2009) BEFORE MY DAD TOOK THE WHOLE STEERING COLUMN OUT TO REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH, BUT HE PASSED AWAY BEFORE HE COULD FINISH PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER. THE ENGINE CURRENTLY IN THE CAR IS THE 1973 ENGINE BUT YOU WILL ALSO BE GETTING THE ORIGINAL 1972 ENGINE (ENGINE VIN# 2761458) AS WELL AS OTHER MISC. PARTS. IT HAS VERY LITTLE TO NO RUST AT ALL. IT DOES HAVE CRACKS ON THE DASH BOARD AND THE SEATS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. IT'S BEEN IN SUNNY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS THAT I KNOW OF AND IT'S BEEN KEPT IN THE GARAGE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. I HOLD THE CLEAR TITLE AND THE REGISTRATION IS UP TO DATE. THE CAR WAS REPAINTED WITH THE SAME ORIGINAL CEYLON GOLD COLOR PAINT, HAS A SUN ROOF AND BLACK INTERIOR. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I WILL BE GLAD TO EMAIL MORE PICTURES IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OR YOU MAY SEE THE CAR BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. SOLD AS IS. TRANSACTION TYPE: CASH ONLY.

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Did you happen to take any more pics?

TIA.

I did not take any pics, however, the seller did send me quite a few and did take pics of specific parts I requested. The seller is honest, although it is not his car and he is not an 02 guy. This was his father-in-law's car.

I forgot to mention that it appears to have Alpina steel wheels, although I am not an expert. The wheels were marked 5 1/2 X13 and had the letters CMR stamped on each. The wheels did have the Alpina hubcaps.

I would be glad to offer any other opionions as needed. HTH

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS

Did you happen to take any more pics?

TIA.

I did not take any pics, however, the seller did send me quite a few and did take pics of specific parts I requested. The seller is honest, although it is not his car and he is not an 02 guy. This was his father-in-law's car.

I forgot to mention that it appears to have Alpina steel wheels, although I am not an expert. The wheels were marked 5 1/2 X13 and had the letters CMR stamped on each. The wheels did have the Alpina hubcaps.

I would be glad to offer any other opionions as needed. HTH

CMR is the company that produced the Alpina wheels. Generally you see the CMR marking on the steelies with the triangular holes...not the round holes. Can't tell from the pics if the wheels have the triangles or round holes.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

CMR is the company that produced the Alpina wheels. Generally you see the CMR marking on the steelies with the triangular holes...not the round holes. Can't tell from the pics if the wheels have the triangles or round holes.

These are definitely round

post-16675-13667626069815_thumb.jpg

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS