• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of '91 e30 318is

Paul7002

Drove it this evening. 170-something thousand miles on the clock and looks it, but the instrument cluster's been changed so probably more. Still, runs strong with no smoke. Handles, shifts and stops well. No bad noises. Some kind of "chip" in it. H&Rs and Bilsteins, Nice older OZ wheels and some sticky Falken tires with about half the tread left. Typical e30 idiot lights and computer readout problems. Tach doesn't work. New clutch. Suspension/steering feels tight. No dents or obvious rust.

Guy was trying to sell a 2002 and also had the e30 but said he hadn't really thought about what he wants for the e30. I'm thinking maybe $3500 but have no idea what an 318is is worth - Ebay search revealed exactly one for $5+K.

I know, hard to say with out pics and more info, but what do ya' think?

TIA

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds to me 2500 max. Sounds like a lot of little problems. For comparison, I bought mine (all stock) for 3400 and it looked great out of the box and had no real problems.

John

DSC_0060-3.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades