• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware of Eurodepot

Just wanted to give you all a heads up about Eurodepot of Concord, NH. Recently purchased one of their 5 speed kits for my father's 635csi. All seemed well, and I thought that they were really nice guys when I went there and picked it up. It came with all of the advertised parts and a gaurentee on the used parts.

I had the transmission kit installed by a well known BMW mechanic here in Southern Vermont. It was when I got a certain phone call that all went to hell. The mechanic told me that after completing the swap he went for a drive, about 500 yards. He went to go into 4th gear and the infamous sound of worn synchros ground away.

Of course we were all a little disappointed, but it got worse. I called Eurodepot to let them know what was going on so that the problem could be solved. I explained what happened and was told that the transmission had been tested in it's original car, but had not been shifted past 3rd gear. I was then told that they would get back to me later that afternoon with a solution. At least 2 more calls went through before my father called himself. 2 more different stories were told, that the transmission had in fact been fully tested, which seemed like they were covering their asses.

When my father called he was told that they would call him back and he demanded that they give him a solution at that moment after the little bit of jerking around that had gone on. They said that they would get another transmission, but didn't have one, so we would have to wait. My father of course asked about the cost of labor for again pulling the transmission out. They said that they would not cover it! They actually expected that we would pay for their F-up. My dad said no way. Eurodepot said that they could give us $200-$300 credit. My dad laughed at this and asked if they really expected us to buy anything from them again.

At this point the Eurodepot representative got nasty. He said that my father was making fun of him and that my dad was being uncooperative. At that point my dad told them they would be hearing from his lawyer and hung up.

We have been jerked around by these people enough at this point and are seriously pissed off. I just wanted to warn everyone about this business, or lack there of, so that the same thing doesn't happen to any of you.

Thanks for listening to my rant,

Tyrel

SiteNamecopy.jpg

You bought a used tranny that was pulled from a 30 year old car...what do you expect really. I agree that it isn't right for this company to describe the tranny as working but you take your chances on these things...move on.

when you pay $1500 for 5-speed conversion kit, you expect it to work. Your point would be valid if he bought this transmission at a junk yard or from a private seller. Euro-depot is a full on business and should be treated like one.

OP good luck resolving the issue. I hope everything works out for you!

You bought a used tranny that was pulled from a 30 year old car...what do you expect really. I agree that it isn't right for this company to describe the tranny as working but you take your chances on these things...move on.

when you pay $1500 for 5-speed conversion kit, you expect it to work. Your point would be valid if he bought this transmission at a junk yard or from a private seller. Euro-depot is a full on business and should be treated like one.

OP good luck resolving the issue. I hope everything works out for you!

+1 on that...