• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weight difference of early and late 02???

between yours and mlytle's cars there is a 300 lb difference. 120 lbs bumpers and attachments, 25lbs emisions, 20lbs door reinforcements, 45 lbs in bumper reinforcements

All these extras add up to 210 lbs give or take not including the extra sheetmetal in the rear quarters. I think this is close enough since mine will not be a race car but will see track days.

Thanks

5spd heavier than 4spd. i should also add that my car has no emissions stuff, sidedrafts, no sunroof, volvo front/320 rear brakes (heavy), 15x7's w/195/50's (more heavy compared to stock).

2xM3

makes me think that some havier guage sheet metal was used.

I remember looking for just that sort of thing,

and besides the nose and tail mods (yes, I forgot-

the later doors ARE #20 (guess) heavier)

I don't remember finding much.

I had the same question, and it was part of why I cut up

(rather than just crushed)

the later car.

But I've erred before....

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 2 months later...

Got the '72 Tii on the scales yesterday. A little surprised by the weight, althought the tank was completely full. My Tii has:

sunroof

5 spd

Recaro seats

Otherwise, bone stock save the bottle cap wheels (which I don't think make any significant difference).

post-17516-13667629269761_thumb.jpg

post-17516-1366762927127_thumb.jpg

post-17516-1366762927263_thumb.jpg

post-17516-1366762927397_thumb.jpg

pretty close to my 75!

i corner balanced mine without me in it, under the assumption it would have an approx equal weight passenger (student) in right seat on track days most of the time. otherwise, should corner balance the car with the weight in it that you expect to be driving with when you want it to count. (i.e. driver sitting in seat)

2xM3