• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass replacement???

illegalsmile

I haven't, but it sounds like a fiberglass version of the pre-preg carbon fiber I've worked with. Not having to deal with resin is very nice and your parts will turn out lighter because a majority of the mass in a standard wet layup is due to the resin. But it's very expensive compared to standard wet layup, it looks like a hood would cost ~500-600$ using the 24"x21' roll price, might be good for small projects.

there is a thread with a few impressions in the track/autox forum on bimmerforums. I saw it on trucks, and thought it could be very cool for small things, but I don't know if I'd make anything that large (love to try though).

A great part about the UV cure is that you can mask the piece and cure portions of the part, letting you create some pretty complex shapes without much effort. That, and not getting your arm hair soaked in resin, or fiberglass stuck under your skin/in your hair.

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD