• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ohio: Estimates OK for speeding tickets, court rules

f1reverb

Full story (note the hundreds of comments) . . .

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/estimates-ok-for-speeding-tickets-court-rules-741192.html

"Updated 11:42 AM Wednesday, June 2, 2010

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio's highest court has ruled that a person may be convicted of speeding purely if it looked to a police officer that the motorist was going too fast." . . .

Sounds like fascim to me.

Sorry for those who own red cars.

Perhap CA should adapt this policy to aid in it's finacial troubles.

The most minor traffic ticket costs about 400 bucks now in Kalifornia. Parking tickets (the normal ones, not a handicap spot one) cost 50-100 bucks.

The reg fee for my '74 '02 was 51 bucks in 2008, 75 in 2009, and based on the 96 bucks I just paid for my '83 533i, I expect the renewal fee on the '02 will be about 100 bucks.

This sounds really bad for Ohio, and the cops can be pretty bad here, but I still love this state since there's no real inspections of your vehicles. If you can get a decrepit jalopy on the road blowing toxic fumes, its legal as long as a cop doesn't notice (and if you don't live in the few urban areas that require emissions testing).

Our chicken shack 24 hours of Lemons car still has legal Ohio plates...

Pic:

http://noraracing.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=32927&g2_serialNumber=1

Alex took it for a test run on public roads the other day, and got back to the driveway only to be followed by two cops with their lights on. He told them about the car and the race, and they laughed about it and let him off. Knowing him, he was probably being a total ass and drifting it around corners and running way too fast as well.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

What did that POS used to be when it was presentable?

That's an '85 325es, of course. I think the remaining taillight is from a Chevy Corsica.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser