• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9k-Mile 1967 BMW 1600 FS on BAT & BF for $28K

Another Bimmerforums thread that still has the pictures up is here.... I will be saving them. :)

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455693

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Was that car on Germany ebay last year? I just went to find the link, I still have it but it's no longer valid. IIRC, it was a very low mileage 1600 that was kept in a air conditioned garage, but I could be wrong.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

John - I thought you had your share of ultra-low mileage '02s.... ;-)

Was that car on Germany ebay last year? I just went to find the link, I still have it but it's no longer valid. IIRC, it was a very low mileage 1600 that was kept in a air conditioned garage, but I could be wrong.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

John - I thought you had your share of ultra-low mileage '02s.... ;-)

My email comment to a friend at the time was "I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I was in the market"

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Beauty-full !!

While I did have a 67 myself a long time ago, it did not look like that one (mine was quite a beater.)

But those two-tone door & interior quarter trim panels look like the ones from a 73 car, at least that is what I've always associated that trim with.

Did that interior panel come on these early cars too? Or what is the difference between these early two-tone panels & the 73 version that looks similar to me?

Was looking at the photos in the Bimmerforums thread Tom posted - did anyone else notice the clear cv boots? In all my years of driving and working on VWs, Porsches, and BMW's, I've NEVER seen clear boots before......

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)