• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hazard Lights - Non Op, and I'm out of ideas

71 1600, 6 Fuse Box

At some point during Vintage at the Vineyards weekend, I noticed that my hazard lights were not working. All other lights, signals, gizmos and do-dads function normally, all fuses are fine. I also swapped out the relay from my 68 and tried a different hazard switch and still nothing. Confirmed power to relay with test light. I'm not very handy with electrical. Am I missing something obvious? If I had a bad ground somewhere I would think something else would also stop functioning. I added an alternate ground wire to the hazard switch, didn't help. Test light touching center terminal of relay, bulb illuminates, touching one of the sides, test light flashes. With hazard switch in the on position, this cannot be duplicated.

Thanks for any advice you can provide. As a possible short term work around, what is the hand signal for "Hazard?"

-=Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

hazards at the same time. See if all four lamps blink...if they do...

It occurred to me after talking with you at South Bend...the 4 way flashers work with the ign off; the turn signals work only with the ign on...thus there must be two feeds to the switch and relay. It would seem, then that the "hot all the time" feed isn't functioning, but the "hot with ign on" feed is.

Check it out and lemme know what you find. Use the factory wiring diagram to see which is the "hot all the time" feed to the 4 way switch.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite