• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are all the DD 2002's in the Bay Area?

bmwmalcolm

My wife and I spent 11 fantastic days in central CA; SF, San Jose, Napa, Sonoma, Yosemite, Monterey Peninsula. First comment... FABULOUS ROADS, especially Highway 49 from Groveland to Mariposa, wow. Secondly, I thought for sure I would see several ( if not lots of) 2002's. Total, one, a red 73 2002 in Carmel. Was I unrealistic or just unlucky?

Mal

71 2002(late 6 Fuse)

11 days.

Idk about other faqers but that doesn't surprise me.

I must have seen a total of (not including the guys I hang out with 02's from the faq) about 6 02's that aren't on the faq or that I hadn't seen in about 6 months. About the time I have owned my 2002.

M20 Turbo 2002- Sold

1970 2002- Sold

1972 2002 Tii. - Sold

S50 e30- DD

Actually, I saw two this past Saturday. Two guys in a red roundie on Terra Linda in San Rafael around 12 noon and then I saw a woman driver in a 74-76 green one driving up Clay St. in San Francisco's Nob Hill area in the afternoon. Speaking of Groveland, CA there is a shortcut to Yosemite, Old Priest Grade Road that is all uphill and a kick in the pants to drive.

76 2002 Chamonix

06 530i Monaco Blue

18 i3 BEV Protonic Blue

87 528e Royalblau (Retired)

You gotta remember, all the daily driver 02's were busy going to and from work or sitting in the parking lot at work. Real exciting stuff. They were all dreaming of cruising hwy 49 or blasting down Skyline, or...

Currently, my dirty 02 awaits me for the morning drive, after which it will sit at the hospital parking lot with all the smug newer BMWs and Benzes. They are all wannabes.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Mine sits in the hospital garage when taken to work. I have a small fan club who encourage me to drive it to work. One woman claims that her cellphone shot of my car that she took has led her son to dream of '02 ownership. We'll see if he eventually joins the ranks of '02 owners. Vintage cars are very seldom seen at this garage. Doctors must prefer the brand new ones over the classics. You'd think maybe an early XKE or a 356, or maybe a CS coupe somewhere in the mix.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I live here in San Jose and rarely see a 2002 on the road. Most of them are parked or in garages. Every once in a while I will see one cruising, but not very often.

I drove mine 4 days last week, one down Hwy 101 to Laguna (Saturday) and then on some twisty back roads back home.

Yea, there are an abundance of them out here, but with all the open space and millions of other cars, they are a very small number compared.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)