• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I may part out my 69

BLUNT

Hey Steve,

If and when you do part it... please put me inline for the following:

- brand new turbo exhaust

- freshly recovered scheel sport seats

If you were here in Cali, I'd be hard pressed to just buy the car as-is... I know it's dialed-in!

Thanks, Alex

Wheels!! Gimme gimme gimme!

I also need a distributor!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

I know what you mean.

I would like to sell my '78 320i (too many vehicles) that has every improvement known to mankind, and have spared no expense to make it 100% reliable/roadworthy, including a mild improvement in power and completely updated drivetrain. I have advertised the car in the Roundel, but have had no interest in it.

Your car sounds fantastic, but most folks have no idea what it costs to put together a good vehicle, much less the time to source parts and manage the work or complete all or most repairs correctly themselves.

its not like im going to cut the shell up in pieces. The shell is going to Ari locally for his resto project. Its better than what he has so he will just build on this platform. I would agree it would be a shame to cut this car up but parting it is the only way ill recoup most of my money. People would rather buy a polished turd than a well sorted "ugly" car.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I bought your e30 right? haha j/k. Its an amazing car, both sorted and polished. Although it does smell like a turd now with my cross country stint and passing gas along the way.

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Steve, sorry to hear of your downsizing. Do you think that having the Colorado M2 and the sentimental attachment you have to it diminished the attraction to the '69 car at all? Seems like it would be hard to get as excited driving the 69 with that orange car sitting nearby, although they are probably two totally different driving experiences. (Both a blast I'm sure).

It's hard to justify spending the piles of cash it takes to make these cars pretty again if you just aren't that connected to it. I've been sitting around mulling over how much I've spent on my project and how much I have left to make it pretty and not just mechanically sound. And that's after I spend another grand to make turbo manifold version #2.... the only way I could recoup my $ would be from an insurance settlement!

I guess it could be worse, seen the prices of Porsche parts these days?

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...