• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 Bavaria 5-speed in San Francisco, CA $3k

andrey

Well, it's the same color as your '75 so it might blend in enough to where she wouldn't notice that you bought it :)

On a serious note, Bavarias are extremely smooth and comfortable to drive. I have both a Bavaria and a 2002 and as much as I like the 2002 the Bavaria is easily twice the car in every way. It has a ton more power (and torque), it's quieter, the interior air flow is better, the brakes are better, there's more leg room, more trunk space, power steering, etc. Of course it's a bigger car and it cost twice what a 2002 cost new so that makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...

On a serious note, Bavarias are extremely smooth and comfortable to drive. I have both a Bavaria and a 2002 and as much as I like the 2002 the Bavaria is easily twice the car in every way. It has a ton more power (and torque), it's quieter, the interior air flow is better, the brakes are better, there's more leg room, more trunk space, power steering, etc. Of course it's a bigger car and it cost twice what a 2002 cost new so that makes sense.

I like 'em too, but to say they're "easily twice the car in every way" leaves out the rather important experience of a quick, hard-cornering and sporty Sunday drive on the street or track . . . I think most would agree that a 2002 would be . . . er, 'better'.