• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my 5 speed in!!!

nbristow01

Well, it's in the entry of my home, going to the garage in a second. I am sure my 1500 plus miles a month of highway driving will be MUCH more pleasant very soon. I plan on installing it in a few weeks

post-17424-13667627343191_thumb.jpg

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I wish I was as fast as you are at getting an '02 straightened out. I've been plugging away since July '03. The 5 year plan turned into a 10 year plan! Anyhow -- excellent progress w/your Verona 74.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Guest Anonymous

Treat your car as if it is 100% deductible, focus all of your available energy on it and place IE and Blunt on your speed dial. Things will be cool. ;)

Nick -

If the new tranny doesn't already have all new seals, replace them NOW before you install it. Watch out for the bolts securing the rear output shaft seal - the short bolt goes at 1 o'clock or else you won't have 5th gear.

Relax, don't worry about your car and most of all have fun!

Here's Nick at this years True Friends event in AR (sunglasses facing camera and laughing at what appears to be something funny said by Mike Self [back to camera]). It must have been really funny - note Skip's doubled-over stance ;-).

pics4242010110-1.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Guest Anonymous
Here's Nick (sunglasses facing camera and laughing at Mike Self [back to camera]).

pics4242010110-1.jpg

Surprising. He looks much more intelligent than some of the posts. All that reference to knuckle dragging made some of us wonder if he could stand upright. lol