• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PVGP: the week of July 18th w/Vintage Racing on 7/24-25

I am not hearing of many FAQ-types going to this event. Is there anybody besides myself and Tom Madine going? I hope I will run into dozens of you there. I made my room reservations yesterday at the host hotel. Speak up if you want to attend....... Thanks!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Jim -

Thanks for making the initial post, looking forward to meeting you. The Allegheny Chapter should once again have a nice show at this year's PVGP. Bud who often post here will be leading a Friday drive in his 2002 from Pittsburgh to Penn Alps. We have a Friday night reception at the host hotel, and of course, the festivities in Schenley Park. So far, I think I know of 7 or 8 02's who will be present for some or all of the event. Catered lunch is offered on Sat and Sun. and we will have a low-key concours on Sunday morning.

Audi is the Marque this year. The Corvette is the spotlight car. Expect 300-400 Vettes in attendance and a rare collection of Yenko muscle cars.

Should be another great event!

Eric

First rate hospitality & venue for sure. I'll have fond memories of PVGP 2009 for a LONG time. Just missed Mid-Ohio...If only I can pull some strings. (dreaming out loud)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Jim -

Thanks for making the initial post, looking forward to meeting you. The Allegheny Chapter should once again have a nice show at this year's PVGP. Bud who often post here will be leading a Friday drive in his 2002 from Pittsburgh to Penn Alps. We have a Friday night reception at the host hotel, and of course, the festivities in Schenley Park. So far, I think I know of 7 or 8 02's who will be present for some or all of the event. Catered lunch is offered on Sat and Sun. and we will have a low-key concours on Sunday morning.

Audi is the Marque this year. The Corvette is the spotlight car. Expect 300-400 Vettes in attendance and a rare collection of Yenko muscle cars.

Should be another great event!

Eric

To ad some additional detail to Eric's comments: Last Sunday I completed the odometer check part of my route recon, for the tour to Penn Alps (in Grantsville, MD.) Total length of tour is 120 miles, virtually all of it on winding, plunging, 2 lane back roads from rural Washington County, PA into the Laurel Highlands and mountains of western Maryland. The roads were in great condition (as well as being precisely what our 02s were created for) and the scenery was wonderful. We'll arrive in time for lunch at Penn Alps Restaurant and have plenty of time to stroll through the artisan village & historic buildings at Penn Alps before heading back to Pittsburgh in time to prepare for the Friday evening reception.

Hope to see plenty of 02s (and others, of course) for the weekend.

Bud

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I have not had my 02 for very long, but will be attending. I will make sure to visit the BMW tent at turn 13.

Should I register and bring my 02 into the show?

Absolutely. You don't have to enter it in the concours, if you don't wish to. But, you should certainly bring it out. Don't worry if your 02 is not "show quality". Mine certainly isn't, although it is bone-stock and original. It really should get painted, but I figure it's only original once, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can stand to look at it ;)

If you can come out on Friday morning (7/23), for the driving tour through the Laurel Highlands, to Penn Alps at Grantsville, MD, you are in for a very fun ride.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

cool. where is the meeting point? is it at turn 13?

Not sure what turn number that is, but it's the same place as last year, if that helps. Check out the PVGP website ( www.pvgp.org ). Then navigate your way to car shows, or sponsors and find the Allegheny Chapter of BMWCCA. There should be information there about entry fee as well as an entry form you can download.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

I'll TOTALLY be there. The shop where I work (Hahn and Woodward) in Pittsburgh will have a few neat cars on display:

1965 Pontiac GTO (if you want to see what a $120K muscle car looks like, anyway...I have to admit...the thing is beyond perfection, even if it's not my cup of tea.)

1938 HRG Prototype British roadster (the only one of it's kind, still being assembled after it's 1965 disassembly, as I type this)

1972 Morgan 4/4 Aluminum bodied, 1600 Capri motor, dual DCOEs...if I can get it to stop leaking oil on Monday, that is! (fat chance, I know!)

wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Weg: Was that you crewing for the blue and yellow 02 at BR today? If so, very nice to meet you. The car looked like it was running nicely. The HRG sounds interesting.

Auto: Yes, the BMW corral will be at Turn 13 next weekend in Schenley. I hope you can join us!

Eric

I haven't done any crew work in about a year. (yeah...I miss it terribly!) I'll be the short fella wearing a bright orange (ick!) "Hahn and Woodward Auto Restoration" polo shirt, wandering around the event all day Saturday. I'll probably have a beer in one hand, too. :^)

(or as Uncle Tupelo would say: "a beer in each hand and a smile in between") :^D

The HRG is one helluva wacky car with an intriguing history. We've feverishly spent the last 4 days getting it ready for the event. It won't be completely finished...but it should take the field under it's own power for the first time since the 1960s!

wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com