• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm alive..and I gots me a new job!

wegweiser

It's not BMW stuff (though I'm hoping a 507 wanders into the shop in the next year or two) ...but it's perhaps the coolest job I've ever had.

Words like "Lusso", "gullwing", "HRG", and "300SL" get thrown around casually. I'm surrounded by impeccable talent and great teachers.

My current project is a 1965 230SL....a pretty car when the top is off. I'm learning German rust repair and bodywork....slowly.

Hope to see some of you at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix!

I'm living in Pittsburgh now and working at "Hahn and Woodward" Auto restoration. Life is pretty damn good. I've earned it.

wegweiser

post-2748-13667627541901_thumb.jpg

post-2748-13667627543493_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Here's one of three patches I made to repair rust on the front fender. I got lucky with the curves on the first try....so now the guys think I'm a natural....*ulp!* This pc took me 20 minutes to make...the whole repair took 8 hours though.

wegweiser

post-94-13667627608516_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Way to go Paul - sounds like a great match for all involved!

One thing I learned about sheet metal work is that there are always more than one way to solve the problems you run into (and the work is largely problem-solving).

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

It's not BMW stuff (though I'm hoping a 507 wanders into the shop in the next year or two) ...but it's perhaps the coolest job I've ever had.

Words like "Lusso", "gullwing", "HRG", and "300SL" get thrown around casually. I'm surrounded by impeccable talent and great teachers.

My current project is a 1965 230SL....a pretty car when the top is off. I'm learning German rust repair and bodywork....slowly.

Hope to see some of you at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix!

I'm living in Pittsburgh now and working at "Hahn and Woodward" Auto restoration. Life is pretty damn good. I've earned it.

wegweiser

Nice!

Hey Paul glad your doing well.

I grew up in the Burgh, good city and better people. I'll probably be up there this weekend for thr PVGP maybe we can hook up if I make it. Audi is the marque this year, they should have some good stuff like the Auto Union.

ttymilleratyahoodotcom hit me.

oooohhh..... Auto Union! There's some great YouTube videos of AU engine start-ups.....fantastic intake sounds!

I'm loving Pgh....very much like Baltimore (cool guerrilla Art scene, local music, etc in this here town!)

There's a rumor Jonathan will be driving Emily up for the event...it'll be nice to see her with his improvements/mods!

wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

• 2 weeks later...