• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bluedevils, Please E-mail Me

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I would like to buy a set of your 2002 seat belts, thanks.

Roger

'72 Malaga

RBenson685@aol.com

Roger

'72 Malaga

RBenson685@aol.com

email sent.

Al - you now need to come up with a little window sticker so that buyers can advertise they have your belts. If nothing else, it'll make spotting them by you easier at an event.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Roger

'72 Malaga

RBenson685@aol.com

email sent.

Al - you now need to come up with a little window sticker so that buyers can advertise they have your belts. If nothing else, it'll make spotting them by you easier at an event.

Man, that is a good idea! I can't really use Bluedevils logo due to Duke thing but I can make a sticker like *BDR Seat Belts* or something like that...

Man, that is a good idea! I can't really use Bluedevils logo due to Duke thing but I can make a sticker like *BDR Seat Belts* or something like that...

What about using the Autoflug / Repa logos along with 'BDR Seat Belts". Are those two still in business?

Autoflug (AFG) (car) seat belt operation was bought by Autoliv (Sweden) in early 90s. AFG is no longer in car business but they still make hi-tech stuff for military vehicles and aviation, their original business (check their winged logo). Autoliv is the largest seat belts manufacturer in the world who also owns Klippan of Sweden among others (like Britax/Kolb, used to be a Britt-German company, Honeywell/Bendix/Allied who owned Klippan for a while). Repa has been owned by TRW since late 70s and they still use Repa name on some belts (BMW, P-cars, MB, VW, Audi etc). So, both are still in business and I am not sure if can use their logos. Maybe I can make a little card with their logos for retro business, I guess that will be OK. Before I make little cards, I need to buy a computerized pattern tacker (seat belt sewing machine) which cost about 25K new. They are great machines and can stitch over 300 patterns in a matter of seconds. I see this as a business for my golden years after retiring as I am getting there slowly. There will always be vintage cars (not just bimmers) needing nice seat belts. I now know so much about seat belts, I can possibly design and blueprint a retractor from scratch, I even attempted to make one using used parts lying around! But there is modern engineering involved with seat belts which is out of my league. You can have seat belts made in China to your specs (high quality) but they won't talk to you unless you are ordering about 5000-10000 units.