• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: shallow aluminum grille p/s

bob02

Hello,

Anyone have a shallow bucket aluminum grille for a 2002, passenger side? I'm looking for one that is structurally sound(no cracks), and in good overall condition. Mine has several cracks at the end of the slats and the jb weld fix is not cutting it anymore.

thanks a lot,

bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Guest Anonymous

I may have one; I'll check my parts shed. Do you want the plain aluminum or the grille with the black slats?

FF

late 72s through the end of roundie production in 1973, so all had the applique black slats.

As for your current cracked grille: have you tried using JB weld or another epoxy to glue a piece of brass brazing or welding rod (or properly bent piece of coat hanger) on the back side to bridge the cracked area? It would strengthen the cracked area much better than the JB weld alone.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thanks Mike! I've been using Bonsai wire and JB Weld, but the lower silver slat is detached on both sides and others are ready to follow.

I'm making a 'frankengrille', using a 71' grille and a 73' bucket, but the grille is bent and dinged in a few places. I also had to sand some of the anodizing off. When polished it looks ok, but does not match the nice drivers grille that well.

I have been lusting after a new set of euro grilles and lights for more than 13 years, but that is a lot of dough for two pounds of aluminum and some glass(not to mention, the slats are priced seperately!)!

bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Otherwise known as "narrow" bucket grills. I'm still searching for a nice passenger side grill to match my like-new driver's side one for my 73.

I've posted here B4 but no responses yet.

Good luck with your search. We should join forces and try to find some grills.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

One of you guys needs to find someone who needs the drivers side. Then you can purchase the set I'll sell, use the passenger side on your car and resell the drivers side to someone else (I'm not planning on splitting up this pair I have-sorry).

Good Luck??........................................ macitz@gmail.com

mac.

post-8235-13667627826097_thumb.jpg

Jim,

I will certainly let you know if i come across two, but just trying to find one seems like quite the challenge. I went to Double 02 Slavage in Hayward the other day; plenty of drivers side grilles, no pass side. What gives? Are rocks and small animals attracted to the pass side? Does it whistle at a certain frequency that deer come running out fo the woods?

I'm working on the 'frankengrille' but it's depressing. A polished turd is still a turd...

post-8235-1366762782886_thumb.jpg

post-8235-13667627830129_thumb.jpg

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Bob, I have three passenger-side grilles. They all seem to be the same size; how do I distinguish a shallow grille from the deeper one? Two of the three are painted black; neither of the two has that fake light in the lower left corner. The third grille is aluminum and needs a little straightening. I'll send you a picture if you're interested.

FF

Ferrance,

Thanks for the offer; the grille i am looking for is silver anodized aluminum with black slats, clear corner lens and the bucket for the headlight protrudes less than the early models. They were U.S. spec for late 72' thru 73', i believe( i think Mikes' post above has the details). Anyway, i'd like one in very good condition; the car has been very good to me over the years and deserves it!

bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3