• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW powered?!?

eurotrash

I heard it was going to be the diesel. That way they can keep it running way past the life of the Ford Crown Vic or Dodge Charger. The article I saw was estimating 250k for each engine.

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

yeah, I read about this car in one of the latest rondels. I think it's supposed to be the first Police car "designed" to be a police car instead of retrofitting a passenger car with police equipment. Pretty cool. Good for the car maker, and wise choice to use a BMW power plant. Bad for criminals.

yeah, I read about this car in one of the latest rondels. I think it's supposed to be the first Police car "designed" to be a police car instead of retrofitting a passenger car with police equipment. Pretty cool. Good for the car maker, and wise choice to use a BMW power plant. Bad for criminals.

as a fairly reticent scofflaw and criminal (well, infractional as speeding tickets are infractions rather than "crimes"), i am grateful for the readily-identifiable angled push bumpers built into the car's nose. should make it easy to spot at a distance despite the red-and-blues being built into the roofline. in all seriousness most of the time i stay within the 10mph-over buffer most highway cops give you but have been known to motorvate when a) i need to stay awake (thank God for the adrenal gland), B) am trying to make a good time, or c) feel like motorvating. that being said havent gotten a speeding ticket for about 20 years (god im getting sooo ooooooold!!) :)

I'm just happy for Indiana business. I hope it flys.. Being a Hoosier boy, my heart is always with that oft overlooked, yet notable (good and bad) citizen producing little chunk of the Northwest territory.

well as a hoosier by choice (more or less), i can agree with that! Anywhere in the USA is better that Canada or Mexico, or god forbid China. Actually I read recently actually that China's growth has exploded to the point where workers are waking up and demanding better-than-slave wages so manufacturers are actually moving jobs back over here now. Good for you Chinese workers! (And us!)

... Actually I read recently actually that China's growth has exploded to the point where workers are waking up and demanding better-than-slave wages so manufacturers are actually moving jobs back over here now. Good for you Chinese workers! (And us!)

I have been waiting for the backlash... I has to happen.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

A bit off the subject, but I work for a company that imports many things, and we are pulling some of our business out of China and doing it here or Europe, or Thailand. The Chinese are going to revolt eventually and we will see the communist/free market commies go by the wayside hopefully. they have already promised the workers more money in some cases. It will be interesting to see how their govt reacts when the common worker wants more than a day or two off a month.

Man I am glad I had relatives in 17** that came to this country!

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.