• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 Bmw 2002 tii Could this be my first?

LeeJohn

Based on the pics and the price, I think it's certainly worth a drive and closer inspection. Nice Taiga paint looks pretty fresh (check for rust everywhere).

Otherwise looks nicely done. Seems the snout on the front air can was cut I think.

Miles? Upgrades? Issues?

GL,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Looks like 320i front seats. Nice looking car though! More info please!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

79,000 miles 5 speed upgrade im looking at it on monday.he swears there is no rust and i have pics of it in the body shop all sanded down. but that could be bs u never know.. does the center lower console look normal to u guys? also the vins all match up but the one on the body looks brand new.. it does have the blue plates (3 original owners).

I might get one thats golf yellow, well see.

That's an a/c console (obviously). I don't recall seeing one like it, but all a/c's were dealer installed anyway. A few brands were used. And that one could have been upgraded further.

New VIN plates are available, as is re-stamping.

GL,

Ray

p.s. 79,000 original miles is doubtful.

79,000 miles 5 speed upgrade im looking at it on monday.he swears there is no rust and i have pics of it in the body shop all sanded down. but that could be bs u never know.. does the center lower console look normal to u guys? also the vins all match up but the one on the body looks brand new.. it does have the blue plates (3 original owners).

I might get one thats golf yellow, well see.

Ray

(the air grilles were originally chrome plastic) and has different knobs and the Fridiking nameplate (the rectangle between the two knobs) has been painted over, but it's a Fridgiking. More common on roundies but were available all the way thru 02 production.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

thank you ive been goggling for hours trying to figure it out.. if u know any good links please send em my way..

Btw everyone here has been really helpful.. I used to race datsuns 510's and am very excited to finally be apart of the bimmer fam!

Still looks nice.

Crappy stamp job on that new VIN plate.

Someone in SoCal is bound to know this car. You could probably take it to Bullet (nearby) or any number of local places for an inspection if you wanted.

You should change the subject line to something more descriptive; you'll get more input I think.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Needs new seat belts, webbing is shot. Retractors are probably shot too, belts are eye soaring in otherwise a well-sorted car, somebody put Autoflug covers over the Repa b-pillar swing brackets, go figure. Why spent all that money and cheap out on seat belts? Also needs new air box, it has been butchered. Vacuum retard is disconnected, radiator is not original. These are enough to knock few thousands off the asking price...

Yea I went for it. And won. A little more than what I wanted to pay but if this car is legit I think I did alright. I would be curious to see what people have gotten for the same price. Post purchase depression is starting to set in. Ahhh

Yea I went for it. And won. A little more than what I wanted to pay but if this car is legit I think I did alright. I would be curious to see what people have gotten for the same price. Post purchase depression is starting to set in. Ahhh