• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 Polaris on ebay in Palermo CA

02Coastie

I just took the 2hr drive up from the Bay area to look at this car Ebay # 330449183307. Long story short, the tow company got the car for free after the widow decided to clean house. The car is a 20 footer with a half decent maaco respray in some form of metallic silver. There is some pretty bad tape work throughout with the worst being on the roof and where the C pillar meets the trunk. The engine supposedly starts but given the lack of battery and the huge rat's nest/poo in the compartment, I'd be suspect. The engine has a weber 32/36 with a ghetto rigged manual choke in the driver's well.The suspension looks stock but all the bushings need replacing. Overall it'd be a mediocre daily with a serious influx of money, but the shell is definitely solid other than the tire well. I'm actually suprised that it's already at $1500 given that it's a 76. Feel free to get a hold of me if you're interested and want to ask any more specific questions. As for me I'm almost definitely going to pass especially if it gets any more bids. -Lloyd

"Sabine" 1976 Polaris / Navy - 12+ year Inop Ebay Find. Now with Microsquirt and Cold A/C. 

Glad to hear you survived Palermo!

Looked promising in the add, but sounded too good to be true in a tow yard.

I had never seen that 76 driving around Butte County.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330449183307&viewitem=

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152