• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why do people do this???

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone (besides Delia) enjoy my work here on this board? Just curious.

I love you, conkitchen. So does my significant other, Jesse. In fact, if you keep it up, I just may have to revive beach volleyball.

Fifteen year olds, however - now that's a different story. I have no pics of 15-year olds. That would be illegal.

post-1769-13667628139936_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I strangely miss the odd Johnny picture. Where's the one of him welding in the nude, outside in the winter?

Blunt, time for a phone call.....

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Well I respect your opinion, I have 4 teenagers at home. But this is an open forum. If you feel it has some material that is inappropriate for your 15 year old then by all means restrict him or her from the site, but I don't think it is fair to expect the entire forum to restrict our opinions and comments on a particular thread like this because your teen may read it

I have been visiting this forum since its beginnings and favored the move from Road-rash-fly as the censorship there led to too many disjointed, and off-message discussions. I applaud the notion of a free expression and what you describe as an "open forum," but there are quasi-reasonable limits. This is expressed reason behind sub-forums labeled: "Politics and Controversy" and "Personal Attacks." I am only guessing that there is also a reason for the Classifieds and Off-Topic sub-forums.

I still believe the original rant was malevolent and stupid - serving no valid purpose, except to inflame. It should have been deleted, or as the administrators have often done, MOVED to a more appropriate sub-forum. If the post was intended as a joke, I will admit the joke was lost on me and one curious teenager. So too, the irony of SHaver's post was clearly lost on many of the responders. "F O and die" - type responses and pictures of your nephew's double "usually" leads to more of the same and perpetuates the original poster's malevolence, stupidity or both. And, in some circles, it is called “piling-on.”

Posts speak for themselves. I must be in the minority as I personally do not care who the poster is - as much as what the poster says. That includes hateful comments that are completely unsupported or unjustified.

The internet is full of surprises and this thread makes clear that this forum is no exception. Acknowledging Jonny's many entertaining contributions, my point was not so much a plea for political correctness as opposed to common sense. Put another way, when I encourage an impressionable kid to read through the latest edition of Road&Track, it is not for hate-speech or Playgirl-type spreads and not all humor is funny to all people.

B.Rey

Or maybe I just read too much into Schweineback’s avatar. Did Chopper ever work of RHD 02's as part of work furlough? lol

Uh... Nobody cares pal... Sign in or STFU...

MJ

75 2002

76 2002

71 F250 camper special

It seems that disagreement has devolved into putting your fingers in your ears and yelling loudest. Eric, I'm sure you have felt wronged, but was this the most mature, appropriate way to do this? In my personal experience (and for those who don't know me, I am a 02 Newbie) I have had some good experiences and some bad. When I ask a question, more often than not I receive some useful help.The board has some true gems, C.D. Bill Williams who have helped me quite often.

There have been times however where I have receive the curt "just run a search" by various members. Although I probably should have searched more before posting, posting the search you preformed to confirm that this topic is often covered (you did check before yelling right?) may have been more helpful.

In summary Motherfucking gay ass shit pussy bitches.

Word.

Think that covers it

-Dan

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I strangely miss the odd Johnny picture. Where's the one of him welding in the nude, outside in the winter?

John

Okay,okay, I got the call.

I can oblige if prodded in that area of my expertise.

Why do I do it?

Life is short.

Laughter is the best medicine.

I am 48 y/o, but have the body of a 24 y/o, & the brain of a 12 y/o.

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

AKA: "Captain Obvious"

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fosters.3

John

Okay,okay, I got the call.

I can oblige if prodded in that area of my expertise.

Why do I do it?

Life is short.

Laughter is the best medicine.

I am 48 y/o, but have the body of a 24 y/o, & the brain of a 12 y/o.

P.S. Why don't I see a photo in the 1st post of this thread?

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

Okay...I've come under the gun, and my portfolio has been requested numerous times.

But...I must warn you....NWS

Here I is:

85e30noproblem.jpg

tankass.sized.jpg

readyfortape5.sized.jpg

paintingtranny_002.jpg

snosux4.jpg

opelmechanic2.jpg

Limerock:

limerock07_001.sized.jpg

e28toilet3.jpg

PLOWWELDING3_001.sized.jpg

propanelinetest6.sized.jpg

billybob.sized.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

my82calipers_002.sized.jpg

GETFITWITHJONNY3.sized.jpg

nakedvill.jpg

Someone's 2002 dash....right before i shipped it!!

baggaeddash.sized.jpg

e28motonics4.jpg

hhicv_003.sized.jpg

Bluntbilsteins.jpg

This is not me...but this guy is just my style.

atrt.sized.jpg

chimneysweep_014.sized.jpg

bmwtoro.sized.jpg

nakedinsink.jpg

caulknaked1.jpg

Someone left their electric toofbrush at my house, so I "bagged" it before i returned it.

BRAUN.sized.jpg

All door seals must be properly lubed before shipping.

doorseals2.sized.jpg

Again....not my bag, just another BMW NUTcase!!!

HPIM0070.jpg

Once again...not me...just a customer picking up a very large part.

dudew_openis_001.sized.jpg

humping_0.gif

I want you all to know that I have compiled these photos over 10 years of working on and selling BMW parts during the "good times".. . I have been workin' on 'em since 1979.

The economy has left me unemployed, out of business (a few 2002 parts left), in foreclosure, and frankly I don't give a fuck anymore about cars, nor material things. The ONLY thing in life I have left is my family & friends.

I may have to sell all of my toys, but that's what they are...just toys.

opel15inchEnkeis001b.jpg

done001-2.jpg

mye21001-1.jpg

skirtspaintedoutside009.jpg

done009.jpg

my84-535.jpg

I would take all 5 of my bimmers and drive 'em into a pond if this fucking economy would just turn around.

BUS_CARDfaq.jpg

Drivers:

'72 '02

75 Opel Ascona

e21

2-e30's

2-e28's

15+ parts cars

The economy has left me unemployed, out of business (a few 2002 parts left), in foreclosure, and frankly I don't give a fuck anymore about cars, nor material things. The ONLY thing in life I have left is my family & friends.

Jonny -

I am very sorry to hear of these misfortunes. You and I have become friends through this internet site, and I hope you know that you can count on me (and I'm sure, others here) for support. We're rooting for you, my friend. Hang in there.

Best personal regards, Otis