• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mr. Potato Head 330i

CrashDummy

hi! i am a "newbie" here. while i am a born porsche fan, i must say i have developed quite a love for the '02. but, my question isnt related to either car. my question is about my amazing "mr. potato head" 330i. does anyone out there have a bmw that they spend all their time pampering? when i say pampering, i dont mean because you love to. i mean because the car is slowly falling apart. everything from the interior roof peeling off to the entire cooling system going out. oddly enough, this car never stops running! there is nothing left that works on this car and it runs like a new car?????? the car has been very well maintained and has low miles. is it normal for these cars to just "fall apart????"

so far this seems to be a great site! im learning a huge amount about the '02 from all the posts. very interesting.

post-18533-13667627951585_thumb.jpg

Sounds like my 330i ZHP, though the prior owner was in some sort of front end collision and thought it would be cute to stick all the pieces back on so I could deal with it. Except for an oil pan made of JB weld, it's nothing one can't handle, though it puts a serious dent in my 2002 and soon-to-be 911SC mod budget.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

My E46 has been fine. Had to do the 50,000 mile service a few months ago, but that's normal. Otherwise - doing great. And, I don't pamper it. I drive it pretty aggressively. The only thing I do that might be considered pampering - I change the oil every 7500 miles with Royal Purple 5/40.

The only thing I had to "fix" was the valve cover gasket, which started leaking oil (common problem). And - had to add the Corsa exhaust so it didn't sound so wimpy.

Great car - I love it.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.