• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Project/Parts car in Tallmadge, Ohio N.M.N.A.

bjbarbieri

Not mine, no affiliation, etc, etc...

I found this car on Akron Craigslist sans pictures about a month ago. The seller finally contacted me today. He got it from a father/son duo who lost interest in restoring it about 2 years ago. He really doesn't know anything about 02's so I offered to put it up here for him for a larger audience. I got the impression that he thought he was sitting on a gold mine, and my assessment of the car may have brought about a more realistic view. Local police told him today that due to the lack of plates, it would be towed in a week if he did not get rid of the car or register it. It has sat outside since he's had it, and is clearly weathered. The back floorboards had standing water in them, the windshield and rear window were removed but are with the car minus the seals. I'm not sure if this is a candidate for restoration, but if someone had the room and the time, I think you could make some money parting this car out. It had a shorty rear bumper, and both the front and rear bumpers were in decent shape. The shock towers were patched, I couldn't really tell how well. The rockers and nose panel weren't too bad. The pedal box looked a bit worse for wear. There is no key for it. I think it may have been converted to a 5 speed car. It was originally Malaga, but looks like it was resprayed Sahara or some shade of tan at some point, although it was tough to tell through the mildew. I think he was hoping this was a 1500-2000.00 car, but I told him best bet was in the 500-700.00 neighborhood. Motivated seller. If you would like any more details, message me here, or call the owner, Rick, at 330 620-6822 and make him an offer.

2002intallmadge004.jpg

2002intallmadge007.jpg

2002intallmadge011.jpg

2002intallmadge013.jpg

2002intallmadge012.jpg

2002intallmadge010.jpg

2002intallmadge006.jpg

2002intallmadge008.jpg

2002intallmadge009.jpg

2002intallmadge005.jpg

2002intallmadge003.jpg

2002intallmadge002.jpg

2002intallmadge001.jpg

G-D unconstitutional zoning laws! Why do people put up with big brother telling them what they can or can't have on thier own damn property?!?!?!

There, I feel somewhat better now ;)

Sure do hope someone rescues that one, even if it gets parted out. I'd drag my trailer up there and bring it home, but after last week's acquisition, my wife would have my guts for garters.

If any of you Pittsburgh area guys want it and need help getting it back here, I can help. Trouble is, with PVGP coming up, I'm just really busy for the next week and a half.

Somebody needs to tell the owner to do what he needs to do to keep it from being towed, until he can get it sold. If he has to spend $50 or $60, he'll get it back when he sells it.

Hard to tell, from looking at pics, whether or not a car is restorable, or not. Only sure way is to go out there and look at it. But, surely there is $500 worth of parts on that hulk........

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

permanent for $15 and it's now legally registered and plated.

I don't think that's a '72--not with short bumpers, silver-center instruments, a tobacco interior and no knee-level side trim. Probably a late 70 or early 71 with a 167XXXX VIN.

Too bad it's been sitting so long exposed to the elements...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite