• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii Bad Grounds?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a couple of issues that I'm sure other 02 owners have come up against.

My signal indicator on the dash is intermittent. Up to a week ago the light would flash once and stop, but all turn signals are working and the "flasher" clicks loudly. For the last week the light has been flashing bright and consistently. TODAY IT'S BACK TO INTERMITTENT. Arggh! Is this a ground issue and if so where are the suspect connections? I know I'm not alone. :-)

My temperature gauge on the dash is jumpy. This too I believe is a ground but maybe a bad transmitter. If this is a ground issue where are the grounds?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Winterton

www.cybereyes.com

Cybereyes Images

Vancouver BC

604 689 3008

'73 Inca tii

Check out the flasher FAQ here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/40/32/

And the pigtail ground for the jumpy temp gauge here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,324830/highlight,jumpy+temp/

Also, go ahead and clean all your fuses and fuse box connections and check your battery ground.

Good luck.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

i had exactly the same issue in my 72tii

i was the signal relay, the little black box

installed a new one and no mor issues

DON'T DROP THE BIG MONEY ON A NEW RELAY! Big Money gwb72tii is loaded, so if you want to go broke, listen to him. FIX IT per the flasher FAQ.

george,

i do believe you have the equivalent of an internet stalker chasing you around here.

mr/ms jhc, leave gwb alone, already. this is the wrong forum for these antics.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i had exactly the same issue in my 72tii

i was the signal relay, the little black box

installed a new one and no mor issues

DON'T DROP THE BIG MONEY ON A NEW RELAY! Big Money gwb72tii is loaded, so if you want to go broke, listen to him. FIX IT per the flasher FAQ.

you're lack of intelligent responses reveals your lack of knowledge about our cars

i tried every fix per the faq, grounds, connections etc

it was the relay

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”