• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 320Is FEELER

Mtrotter

just wanted to get an idea of what people would pay for this car.

what do you think a good price would bring for this car?

Photobucket

Im pretty sure I want to sell it but im not 100 percent yet

The car is beautiful interior is near perfect with the Is recarro seats in great shape head liner is clean and nice everything works except ac

engine is all original and sound with about 200 K miles on it. transmission is great, LSD works great. redline oils and gear oils. suspension has Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan Sway bars front 28mm rear 22mm. urethane bushings.

Mathers Front Strut bar...

Im in the process of relocating the battery to the trunk with a TEP rear strut bar.

E30 wheels 14x6.5 with falken azenis on it ..

The car still has the original dealer break in sticker on the windsheild and the other sticker on the side saying what it is and such.

also if you are interested i have VEGA 13x6 wheels and bottle caps also another set of E30 14x6.5

I have the euro chrome bumpers in nice shape not installed and another near perfect front spoiler.

I also have webber DCOE 40's nice Italian not spanish and original 2002Ti manifolds un installed.

I also have a complete set of bilstein HD's with the front strut housings and Suspension Techniques springs.. stock front sway bar

The radio is original BMW tape deck

clock works great! interior lights work

I installed a 120mph speedo

gas gauge isnt all that accurate

rear defrost works good

paint is about a 6. there is some cracking but you cant really tell untill you get with in 5 feet of it.

the rear parcel tray carpet is faded and I might replace it.

I love this car but Im thinking since my wife drives it every day, to and from work about 80 miles round trip I would get her something newer like an E36 M3 sedan...

So instead of putting this car in the garage, I might rather offer it to someone that would drive it and love it!

What the "schnell" was that?!

I bought one e21 for $300, I sold another e21 for $250 and I know someone who bought one like it for about $250. Since yours has a coupla desirable mods, I would say it will fetch in the neighborhood of $500 maybe a little more. It is, unfortunately, worth more dead than alive with the Recaros and LSD. You mention the transmission but, not the clutch. If it is an automatic, deduct accordingly.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

right. so its a 5 speed with a great clutch. no slipping shifts hard and nice when you ask it to.

I also rebuilt the shifter so there is no slop.

I dont expect to get much in the way of love from the 2002 page for an E21 but seriously, I have bought a lot of $250-$500 dollar E21's and this is not one of them.

Any serious guesses at what this would fetch?

recarros = $650 on a bad day with the shape these are in (perfect!)

Transmission = 200 bucks

LSD=450 bucks

2 sets of nice E30 basket weaves = 400 per set

thats 1700 in parts I could make tomorrow with out effort

If someone wants a nice E21 this would fetch more than that.

I was just curious if anyone out there could give me a ballpark figure

I love e21's. My first BMW was an e21 and I have owned a few as well.

You didn't ask for opinions on what you could get for the car in parts. I already conceded it is worth more dead than it is worth alive.

Good luck with it whether you keep it, part it or sell it whole.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

I'm not in the market for your car, but I would say anywhere from $3,000 - $6,000. Just a matter of finding the right person. Your car sounds like a really nice example of a California '82 E21, with some very nice/tasteful modifications. Nice E21s are really hard to find, and 200k is not a bunch of miles for a car this age. You should try to hold onto it if you can, as these cars are way more simple than all the three series that followed it. Just my two cents worth.

Mtrotter,

I say if the wife likes it, keep it.

Your best fiscal outcome is to part it and sell the uninstalled inventory.

It's got lots of miles left; my '82 E21 DD has 342,200 miles.

80 mile round trip M-F.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

(currently 3 E21's in the fleet)

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

I agree. Nice E21's are getting tougher to find. I might try to fix the A/C and register in another state so I dont have to worry about smog anymore. Its getting tougher on older cars.

the wife loves it!

I might just stuff it in the garage and drive it a few times a month (I have another car that gets that treatment already) and not worry about it.

I remember a day not too long ago that 2002's wernt worth much money. Perhaps oneday a nice 320Is will bring a good bit of coin.

I was thinking, with none of the extra parts and if someone that wanted a clean Henarot E21 they would pay around 4.5-5k

Thanks for all your input.

In my opinion what the parts are worth really doesn't matter if you aren't parting the car immediately... It still looks / sounds like a decent car, so I would think you would be able to get $1500-$2000 for it. This is where reality sets in though, E21s are not well liked in general. For me personally it is one of the only BMWs that I really don't care for, and don't have any second thoughts about parting out. So, what you are left with is an old car with a lot of miles. For that reason I don't see people paying over two grand.

Someone might drive it for a few more years, and then part it out. Those parts aren't going to decrease in value too much over the next few years, if at all.

As Calvin said though, "It only takes one." If you put it up for sale and hold until you get your price, you never really know what you will get for a car.

Aric Vander Werff

1973 2002tii 1972 2002

Mtrotter,

You're in Cali, that does change the "game" a bit. The whole smog crap.

FWIW, take a look at the most recent F/S ads in the BMW CCA Roundel

magazine. There are a couple of E21's listed.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti