• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 tii

hasbeen

1974 BMW 2002 Tii Chamonix/Blue

Car was brought in from CA to CT during 11/01. Car was all original with approx. 145k miles with the exception of a fair respray of paint. Car is almost entirely rust free, just a couple of small bubbles in the lower pass side door and the same side rocker appears to have had some work before it was repainted. 2 known owners before I got it with service records from 1978 – 2001. Car was a good driver when I got it with worn cosmetics/mechanicals. Original engine was strong, no smoke. Car spent approx 2 ½ years undergoing a complete mechanical rehab.

To follow are the mods and items replaced during this time. I’m sure I’ll forget a detail or 2, but here it goes:

EXTERIOR:

As before said, fairly decent respray approx. 4/01 in CA of original Chamonix. This was not a professional job but looks great from all around with a few flaws which are not distracting. Aluminum trim all in good shape. All lenses, lamps, etc. ok. No dents, no bondo. Some paint nicks from storage, etc. New Rota 15x7 (Panasports) and tires 4/08.

INTERIOR:

All original except new high-end loop carpet kit (not 1 pc). Blue Recaro seats, better than 320is style. I have the original seats. 320is steering wheel w/ working horn. A/C console w/ Blaupunck FM/CD. A/C not working, have most pieces. No holes in door panels, 6 x 9’s on rear shelf only, amp in trunk, excellent dash. The only item I believe does not work is the Tii clock. 5 speed conversion sticker (not yet installed). Rebuilt heater box, new drivers side door brake.

CHASSIS:

This was the longest part of the rehab. Front and rear sub-frames removed, anything available new was replaced or else rebuilt. Poly bushings, bearings, brake lines, 530i master cylinder, 320i rear drums and cylinders, rebuilt Tii struts, new rotors, rebuilt calipers, new pads, e brake cables, original steering box is tight, 4 x Bilstein sports, 4 x ST springs – nice combo! Solid floor, found little surface rust under drivers carpet which was chased and coated. Mint trunk, no rust even in spare tire well. TEP rear battery holder/strut brace, BMP front brace. Aardvark front big brake kit in box available at extra cost.

DRIVETRAIN:

Original running engine (matching #) on stand in garage. Current engine is a balanced/blueprinted 2.2 M10 with euro Tii pistons, all new oem internals, Metric Mechanic free flow head with 284 cam, new 4/08 Weber 38/38 with Cannon manifold, Tii exhaust manifold, Bosch blue coil, Petronix ignition, Ingram radiator, all new oem exhaust except Supersprint rear muffler. Aardvark Racing 5 speed conversion with short shift kit using a 1980 320i 5 speed with less than 80k,. 3:91 LSD from 320is. New center driveshaft bearing, quibo. The engine was built by a reputable CT machine shop at a cost of approx $6,500. Only approx 1500 miles since built.

This car is one of the nicest 74 Tii’s around. It is not a concours winner, but a very nice tight, rust free driver with tasteful mods. The original engine can be rebuilt and installed easily. I also have the original seats for the car. Very well sorted car, no wires hanging from the dash, etc.

Please feel free to contact me with specific questions I have lots of hi-res pictures. $10,000.00 or very close to it.

Steve

cell: 914-715-9614

post-17196-13667628236061_thumb.jpg

post-17196-13667628238275_thumb.jpg

post-17196-1366762824036_thumb.jpg

post-17196-13667628242588_thumb.jpg