• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 in Georgia

craaaazzy

hi guys,

i simply do not have the time or energy to continue on this project unfortunately. my 16 month old requires more attention that i had anticipated so regretfully, i need to pass this onto the next owner who will be able to enjoy it. i've listed it for sale on craigslist if you are insterested (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/1857319522.html

asking for $5000. if you guys think this is totally unreasonable, please let me know. I know what i have put into the car and am already taking a big loss on it but please do not tell me it's worth $3000.

but here is the info as well:

This is a 1975 BMW 2002. Bought from the west coast (specifically New Mexico, minimal cosmetic rust, non structural) and had it shipped to Atlanta back in March of '09. Has always been garaged here. Many parts have been replaced/upgraded but I simply do not have the time or energy to continue restoring it. It drives great but I have only driven it maybe 200 miles since I've owned it so hopefully it will go to a good owner who can better enjoy it. It would make a great daily driver for someone as is but needs just a little more attention to get it looking great.

Here's some information about the car from Andreas Harz from BMW Group Classic (http://www.bmw-grouparchives.com):

"The BMW 2002 US VIN 2361393 was manufactured on November 14th, 1974 and delivered on November 28th, 1974 to the BMW dealer Wogatzke in Kaiserslautern, probably to a US citizen living in Germany. The original colour was Chamonix, paint code 085."

Parts replaced/upgraded include the following and any known issues listed below:

Engine:

New/rebuilt head and new gaskets (old head included)

Weber 32/36 carb (water choke converted to manual choke)

Recored radiator (from 2 to a 3 core)

Electric fan

Upgraded fuel filter installed

Catch can installed

Car is hard to start if sat for a week or longer (I believe it's an issue w/ adjusting the float).

Suspension:

New Ireland Engineering Stage1 springs

New Bilstein Sport shocks/struts

New front and rear shock/strut mounts

New Ireland Engineering front camber plates

Brakes:

New Ireland Engineering front Big Brake Kit (new calipers, rotors, pads, wheel bearings, etc)

New Ireland Engineering front and rear Stainless Steel lines

ATE Super Blue fluid

Exhaust:

New Ireland Engineering Stainless Steel exhaust

Interior:

New black carpet set

Victor Racing steering wheel

Replaced fuel gauge (all gauges work)

Rear seat removed but will go w/ car (including a clean set of vinyl covers)

E30 shifter (short throw)

Dash has some cracks but will include a BMW dash cover

Headliner has some cuts on it and should be replaced

Exterior:

VW duckbill custom installed

Front and rear bumpers removed but included

The following are currently on the car but not included (or can include for additional money):

15" BBW RS with extremely low mileage 195/50/15 Bridgestone RE-01's (320 turbines are included but I am not sure if they will clear the big brakes).

Prinz fixed back drivers seat

Please email me with any questions. I will not respond to low ball offers or tell you what my lowest offer I will accept. Am also no interested in any trades. Thanks.

Pics:

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5169.JPG[/url]

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project

On the one hand, you say "tell me if this is unreasonable" immediately after which you state, "Don't tell me it's worth $3,000." So, are you saying you won't take less than $4,000? The mods seem to be the best part of the car based on your description. The holes left from removing the bumpers and the absence of some very good looking wheels are gonna hinder you in getting that sorta price for a 75 IMHO.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

On the one hand, you say "tell me if this is unreasonable" immediately after which you state, "Don't tell me it's worth $3,000." So, are you saying you won't take less than $4,000? The mods seem to be the best part of the car based on your description. The holes left from removing the bumpers and the absence of some very good looking wheels are gonna hinder you in getting that sorta price for a 75 IMHO.

thanks for your feedback. i will entertain offers. tone is quite hard to hear when reading but pretend i am pleading for help such as...please please please don't tell me it's worth $3000.

as for the holes, the bumpers are included. buyer can install those if they so choose.

so in ur opinion, what is the car worth?

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project

I think that wheels can either make or break a cars looks (as pointed out in the above statement) but it really comes down to personal preference. I'm going the other direction and say that the wheels should help make your sale. I like most BBS wheels and your set looks good. I look at it this way, your set or steelies, your set or turbins, your set or hub caps. Again, personal preference but I'd take your set over those every day of the week. Just my 2 cents.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

Leave the wheels on it, put the bumpers on, address the starting issues, take some new photos with bumpers installed and see what the market will bear. I do not think your price is unreasonable with those mods if the body is really clean and straight with nice paint AND nice wheels.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Leave the wheels on it, put the bumpers on, address the starting issues, take some new photos with bumpers installed and see what the market will bear. I do not think your price is unreasonable with those mods if the body is really clean and straight with nice paint AND nice wheels.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

That's a nice looking car.. GLWS

JMO..

It's often more "fruitful" to fix things instead of trying to explain them away, especially when trying to sell a car.

For example, replace the bumpers and you wont have to explain why they aren't on there to start with. With the bumpers installed, even though a lot of people don't like the big bumpers, the "whole" look of the car will be more complete and not have an "unfinished project" look.

Also, check to see if the smaller wheels will fit with the big brakes. If they don't fit, you are in essence selling a car with no wheels and new wheels would need to be bought (adding to the total price for the new owner) in order for the car to go anywhere (or just leave the wheels that are on it now and include them in the total cost of the car).

Just my 2 cents...

Fishhead

----------------------

Motorcycle Big Brake systems

Be yourself and be free with your thoughts because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter..

probaly means it was sold to an Army member--big Army base near there.

There were all sorts of good deals on Europoean cars for overseas delivery if you were military back in the 60s and 70s. Before the Federal emission and safety standards began in 1968, you could buy and import almost anything. I was ready to buy a Renault Alpine in early '68, but when the new rules kicked in, I couldn't because it wouldn't pass either US emission or safety requirements.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite