• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 17 year old daughter soloed in 5 days!

AndyS

Yeah, it is pretty neat! Good on her. Very happy for you all.

My daughter started flying at 15. It cost some dough, but it gave her something that the other kids didn't have and required that, number one, she keep number one, her mother, happy, because she thought we were both nuts. She loved it and it really centered her.

Occasionally, an outfit called Top Gun will come through your area offering rides in SNJ's or AT6's. They were the primary fighter trainers of WWII. I would suggest that you get her into one of these and tell the pilot that she is a student. She went up and learned how to do loops, rolls, etc. When she landed I asked how she liked it and she said, "Oh,Dad, I really like flying upside down." She hasn't been the same since!

Great news, Andy! Pretty special!

Wow thats great Andy!!!! Tell here I said congratulations. I forget how many hours I had but I know it was a LOT more than 5 days worth! Flying is a wonderful thing to keep a kid "centered".

John

DSC_0008_2.jpg

DSC_0063_2.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades