• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car icon gone

M3M3

Peter Fernandez, the person responsible for bringing the SPEED RACER cartoon series to the US passed away last week. He was the voice of Speed, wrote the songs lyrics and named all the characters, among other work to americanize the Japanese animated series.

My dogs are named after Speed's little brother (Spritle) and his girlfriend (Trixie).

2xM3

Peter Fernandez, the person responsible for bringing the SPEED RACER cartoon series to the US passed away last week. He was the voice of Speed, wrote the songs lyrics and named all the characters, among other work to americanize the Japanese animated series.

My dogs are named after Speed's little brother (Spritle) and his girlfriend (Trixie).

I read the obituary in the Wash. Post and immediately thought of you and Janice and the dogs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/26/AR2010072605370.html

To really show our age, that cartoon series started in 1967 and I loved watching every one of them.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"