• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - 72 period radio/stereo (not working)

Jim356

Looking for a period car stereo for my 72. Doesn't need to be functioning as I am just using for the look for my console - modern radio already installed behind glovebox. Blaupunkt or Becker ok - so are others that are from around that time. If it works, I guess that would be a bonus!

Let me know what you have and a price. Thank you, Jim

bmw2002@kc.rr.com

E-mails sent (3).

Edit: may I suggest not to take one that doesn't work. Even if you don't use it, people will always ask you, "That's a nice radio. Is it original and does it really work ?" What do you want to answer to that question ?

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

Looking for a period car stereo for my 72. Doesn't need to be functioning as I am just using for the look for my console - modern radio already installed behind glovebox. Blaupunkt or Becker ok - so are others that are from around that time. If it works, I guess that would be a bonus!

Let me know what you have and a price. Thank you, Jim

bmw2002@kc.rr.com

Check with Esty. I think she has the mother lode of vintage radios. Maybe she'd be willing to sell you one.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

I have a Blaupunkt that I just pulled out of my '72. Right now it is still attached in the pod with the speaker. The radio does work, but the dial is a little...er...inaccurate. But sound does come forth. You just aren't quite sure of the station.

As far as I know, this radio was installed in 1972 when the car was new. I can e-mail you pictures if you like. I'm not looking for much. Make me a fair offer, and I will certainly consider it. I certainly have no use for this any more. I'm not going to return the car to original any time soon.

Let me know: leaningleft@gmail.com

David

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun