• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third brake light? There's an app for that.. (yeah)

eurotrash

heh.. I guess it uses the accelerometer to tell when you brake? To bad I need to actual use my phone.. maybe when I get the iphone 4, ill use my old 3g in the rear veiw...

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

heh.. I guess it uses the accelerometer to tell when you brake? To bad I need to actual use my phone.. maybe when I get the iphone 4, ill use my old 3g in the rear veiw...

I was looking for a way to test 60-0 braking and found that app. . - just use a suction cup mount and put your ipod cable back there too. Then let the ipod run in the background while the third brake light is running. Of course, this could lead to a smashed window while unattended..

Yeah... Bad idea. LMAO

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

It would go a long way to get folks off the phone while driving if it were stuck in the rear window.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

It would go a long way to get folks off the phone while driving if it were stuck in the rear window.

Earl

..bluetooth.

And I don't have dropped call issues either.. BTW. That's all a bunch of hate mongering. - This coming from a guy who LOVES to call bullshit.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Hands free works for most folks provided they have the ability to divide their attention necessary to simply talk and drive at the same time. Holding a phone, checking email, dialing, texting etc is bad juju.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

You know fanboy can't be that far from the device!!!! ;-)

Here's what I did, just stick this up in the top of the rear window on the interior with windshield puckey. It's totally unobtrusive, and only can be really seen when it's on. Cheap, takes 10minutes to install total, and it a great safety addition.

I went with the 12LED version it's about 3/8"*5/8"*5" with a red lens.

The didn't have the 20LED version when I got mine, but that might be a good way to go for a little additional visibility. I might even upgrade!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/mini-led-brake-light/taillight/clearance/p2003590.jcwx?filterid=j1#

BD

• 3 months later...