• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting observation on fuses

Napes

You can get the Hella brand fuse kit from AutoHausAZ for $5.41.

Each kit contains 1 of 2.5amp glass, 1 of 5amp yellow, 4 of 8amp white, 3 of 16amp red, and 1 of 25amp blue fuses.

Part #UN6317300

post-69-13667628688483_thumb.jpg

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

local chain auto parts stores sell boxes of them cheap. picked up a bunch last time i was at advance auto.

Most of the generic fuses are too long and they are not made of copper. OEM ones seem better to me.

ones i got are only a mm or two longer. fit great. as long as they conduct electricity and blow when they are supposed to...material not really relevent. virtually no modern style auto fuses are made out of copper.

but for purists...they are not "original". oem is what they need. they all work..use whatever you are comfortable with...all good! :-)

2xM3

I too have purchased the multi-packs from Advanced Auto and use them when I'm in a bind. They are CHEAP and look like it. The end "caps" will break easily.

Mid America Motorworks (VW parts side) in IL sells some fuses that are a little better. I've purchased these before.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/acvw-volkswagn-fuses-1-171-4561.html

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Yes, I went with a 5-pack from BAP for $1.92, incl. tax. They are the copper ones and do not seem any longer than the ones I've been using for the past 28 yrs.

Bob Napier

Just noticed they are $0.19 ea. at AutohausAZ. Next time you order something from them you might have them throw in some fuses also.

I have had problems with the aluminum- looking ones

corroding over time. But then, we live in a wet climate,

and I don't pay any attention to them until they give trouble.

and I lost my fuse box cover 10 years ago somewhere around turn 3a...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL