• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator options?

jrhone

Looks like I need a new radiator. What are my options? Local radiator shop will charge me $80 to rod out my radiator. They said if I need a new core it would be $400 for a new high efficiency (3 core?) radiator core. Just wondering what my options are...dont want an aftermarket looking one...I want to retain the stock look. 3 core sounds great...although my stock rad was working great....320 rad? Hmm....I'd again like it to be bolt in but not opposed to one. Thanks.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

took mine to Valley radiator in the San Fernando Valley, for $200 they made mine a high volume (20% more) without adding a third row (I was concerned about having enough clearance if they added a third row). they painted it and had a turnaround of 2 days. Made a big difference although at the same time I replaced all hoses, thermo and pump, so i'm not sure what contributed more to the lower running temp.

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

I've been really pleased with the Nissens brand radiators that I bought from Jaymic in the UK. I have them in both of my tiis. They look just like an OEM 2002 radiator, but are much better quality and have improved cooling ability (made in Denmark). If you order from Jaymic, make sure you ask specifically for the Nissens one. I'm not sure, but maybe Blunt can get you a Nissens brand radiator for the 02. I'd check with Blunt 1st. Good luck,

--John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Guest Anonymous

I have a 2002 radiator that has been rodded out and an additional row added. Problem is it's too thick, front to back, to fit in my 2002. If you can use it, I'm asking $95.

Francis Ferrance

1972 2002

Wrightwood CA