• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Decent 2002 for College Student

tinkwithanr

Hey everybody,

For the past two years I've been looking to pick up a 2002 to call my own, but so far the interesting ones have been able to evade me. So now I'm trying to expand my search in hopes that somebody somewhere has what I'm looking for. For the most part I'm open to pretty much any 2002 as long as it has a manual transmission, although I am much more interested in finding a roundie, the earlier the better. It needs to pretty much be in running condition, since I'll be using it as a daily on campus for school. It can have some rust, but I would obviously prefer solid important parts (shock towers, front frame rails etc). I can patch floor boards and the like. The exterior can have a couple of dings and the paint can be a little rough, that way if it gets dinged on campus it won't ruin my week.

Overall I could probably swing $2.5-$3k depending on condition and location, the further you are from me the more it will cost to pick it up or have it delivered. If you or anyone you know has something like this please let me know, I'm hoping to pick one up before the middle of Sept. when I go back to school. My email is tinker.15@osu.edu.

Thanks for looking!

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all

Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep

Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history

Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

If you are going to school in OH, I don't recommend an 02 to be driven in the winter where they dump salt on the road. For the money you want to spend, go with an E30. Save your money for an 02 when you get out of school to buy one and have a place to store it during the winter. If you are going to school in CA or somewhere where 02's are driven year round, that's a different story. Just speaking from experience...

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Yeah, I probably won't be driving the '02 in the winter. I have a different car for that duty, so it won't be subject to the salty roads. I more want it for the rest of the year to enjoy and tinker with on the weekends.

Thanks for the responses, I picked one up yesterday. I'll post up in the project blogs soon!

Yeah definitely. If your not on www.ohiobimmers.com yet you should definitely join. We're having a road rally tomorrow. Sadly I'm not driving the '02 in it, not sure I trust it enough yet.

Funny you mention that, I've been meaning to go for the past year. I just never find the time. I'll have to try and get out more this fall

Funny you say that, at 7:30 I was knee deep stripping out the rest of the interior and welding in some body re-enforcement so I can start repairing the rocker panels and floor boards on my new '75.

I'll probably be a lot more free once OSU starts classes up again for fall. I'll also be a lot closer to the meetings.