• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Htr valve quick question

worzella

Just got my new $200+ htr valve and you'd think for that kind of jing, the shaft would be metal, but no, it's plastic. That aside, I have my original lever and the "wood screw" that the PO used to attach it.

My question is, what is the proper way to attach the lever to the htr valve shaft. The shaft hole is not threaded for a standard 4mm or 5mm bolt, so is the correct choice a slightly larger bolt than the diameter and the pressure of the expanding plastic makes it a tight fit?

Thanks again.. I need to peek at Max's parts diagrams to see if they spec a bolt for this purpose, but I thought I'd ask the experts at the same time.

Randy

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

The heater valves on both my 73 and on my 74 had the same plastic shafts and the arms are attached with a little hex head screw (looks like a mini lag screw) and also a little tooth washer.

--John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Yup... that's it... and the price killed me too, but this is one item/project I want to do once and not re-visit, so I saved my change for a long time to get a new one.

The parts diagram describes it as a "05 HEX HEAD SCREW ST3,9X9,5" so what I already have is it. Just seems like an odd part for the job.

Randy

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com