• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

difference between 72 and 73 front Bumpers?

josh72ooh2

I know the mounting bracket is different...

but is there anything else?

will the bumper sections mount to either a 72 or a 73 bracket?

did the over-riders change and if so, can they be swapped from 73 to 72 or vice versa?

If there are differences, does anybody have photos?

thanks.

-josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

bumpers are the same. only difference is in the mounting brackets as you noted and the over-riders. switch as you wish..

btw, i wish i was closer, cuz i could really use the front floorpans from your scrap car...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks Jerry,

This car is rust-free. i am beginning to wish i was driving up to SF next weekend (shooting that music festival again, sans helicopter though). Lots of people in the bay area have a need for my parts.

If you want to do the 6 hour drive and pick up some CLEAN floorboards... the offer is there...

Don, i have a ton of extra parts. what are you looking for? e-mail me through the FAQ.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido