• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1974 BMW 2002 tii sunroof project car FS

Polaris

For sale 1974 BMW 2002 tii sunroof project car.

I bought this tii in LA 10 years ago and really enjoyed driving it but for the last 6 years I've been too busy to tackle the restoration it needs. Now we have young kids and too many cars to maintain so it's time for this one to go.

It's been sitting under a cover or in the garage for years - when I charge the battery it starts and runs but really needs a complete re-sorting - a solid project car.

It has very oxidized paint - rust in a number of spots like windscreen sills, small bubbles forward of the doors (not shock towers) and minor damage on rear left. Chrome is ok - some damaged, oxidized, etc. Dash has 2 small cracks, front interior door panels had speaker driver holes cut in, headliner (glue stains) and front seats (vintage Recaro) should be refurbed/re-covered. Rear seats good, and drive train, etc. good. Engine should get belts, hoses, plugs, etc - full treatment plus tune/time and should be great again. Before it's "retirement mode" there was no exhaust smoke on accel/decel and power was excellent. Has 3 older Yokohamas on BBS basketweaves plus 1 newer Falken (and 3 more of the Falken set in the trunk) plus spare BBS (horrible silver paint).

I have not had time to restore this great car - it is in decent shape for a project or it would be a great parts car for the restoration of another tii.

$2500 OBO. Car is in San Jose, CA

Includes

Original 2002 Toolkit

Original manual and service log

Jack, lug wrench, 3 extras Falkens,

Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/89602436@N00/sets/72157624536806473/

99 M3 Titanium

72 tii Polaris