• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 4-speed Getrag 242 for my '74 2002

BiggyC

Howdy everyone,

I just picked up my first '02, a '74 w/ sunroof. It was a good value at the price I paid. However, the 2nd gear synchro is worn/shot. I'm assuming a 4sp swapout is easier than taking apart and repairing the orig. (could be a winter project, but I want to DRIVE THIS SUCKER before November).

That said, anyone have a known-good (no leaks, no crunching!) 4-speed in the Boston area? A pickup w/in a 4 hour drive radius of the Boston area is preferred, but willing to have it shipped. I read some decent threads on how to properly ship one of these. Thanks for reading...

-Biggy-C (Chris)

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof

I had one & tried giving it to another faq'er who never took it, so I ended-up giving it to a local friend.

But I think I know someone who has one in MA, I'll shoot them an email.

btw, We'd love to have you join our group: www.bmw2002.us

Also, Chris, if you enable your email button people can email you if they have what you're looking for.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

If nothing else pans out, I've got a 4-speed still installed in a '78 320i parts car (VIN 5436757). But I imagine the cost of shipping from Canada would be brutal!!! (Greyhound doesn't seem to offer cross-border shipping service?). I recently FedExed a cylinder head to California @ $90.00.

Ian - Ontario, Canada: pringle_5@sympatico.ca

Scott,

I just registered, and thanks for the invite. Funny, i was looking at your upcoming event/get-togethers, and I noticed the Saratoga event. I was on a bus, and passed by this event (bus station at Saratoga Springs), on my way to Glens Falls, to pick up the '74 02. If I didn't live in Boston, (w/ a wife who wanted me home pronto ;) , I would have gone back to the event after I picked up the '02.

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof