• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old gas station stuff, Atlas Self-Adjusting Shocks, etc.

KFunk

OK, so my grandpa's service station/lube room closed decades ago, but there's still a lot of old stuff sittin around in there. I've picked a few old tools and such out of there that look awesomely vintage, but I've yet to dive in with a flashlight. Only American stuff in there, I'm sure.

The one thing I wanted to ask about are several boxes of NOS 'Atlas Self-Adjusting Shocks' of various styles. They look to be from the 50s or 60s, and they have like new shocks in them. I have no idea what kind of cars they would fit, how I would even find out, or if they're worth anything at all. Perhaps somebody on here might know.

There's other cool old cans of engine flush and coolant flush and such from the 50s to 60s as well. I'd really like to grab the tire mounting machine, but it's pretty damn big. I'm definitely gonna grab some industrial vintage fans and other tools from in there.... and actually get some good use out of them. I like old stuff... they just made it better before. I got a nice wooden folding chair today from the service station, and it's awesome to have it in my kitchen. I'll try to get some pics they next time I head up there.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser