• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention North Western 02ers

ibjettin

I'l flying out from San Jose to Seattle tomorrow early to pick up a 75 and driving it back down. Google says 14+ hrs, not sure if my buddy and i are going to huff it straight through or stop somewhere to give the new beast a rest. I have some essential tools packed, spare clamps, hoses, fuses, and other bits. Still mapping out the route but it seems the best shot is just going down Hwy 5. Just thought i'd see who might be around just in case anything happens along the way. I have a lot of faith in the car i'll be driving but you never know, it is 35yrs old ;)

Shoot me an email if you could be on my contact list for emergency - mrbdooley@gmail.com

Here's the route we were thinking -

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=seattle+to+san+jose&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=42.46632,-122.61589&spn=13.899989,24.675293&t=h&z=6

Strange coincidence. I live in Seattle and visit my brother in Campbell (San Jose) several times a year. You got the route down perfectly--be sure to take the I-505 cutoff at Winters. Also, don't bother taking the I-205 bypass around Portland OR. Just take I-5S (or I-405 around downtown, if I-5S is blocked)--I have never had a problem getting thru Portland this way--especially since you will be driving on the weekend. This route may depend on any summer road contruction--it was a mess last summer thru central Oregon.

14 hours is a good estimate for a non-stop trip. Grants Pass, OR (or Eugene/ Springfield if you get too tired) is a good place for an overnight stay--it has the highest ratio of motel rooms anywhere in the US. Have a safe trip--Jim

hey brian, if you breakdown in marin you can call me... ;-)

lucky B**tard!!!!

make a day of it and take the slow road down 101. avenue of the giants...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I'd vote differently on the 205 bypass of Portland... I make that trip every couple of years to hit Napa, takes me 12hours driving time to get there, 13hours total with food and gas stops. The 205 has a much lower f*ckup factor than I-5 through downtown.

It's a long drive, I'd break it up into two days if ya can.

And don't forget the most irratating part about Oregon, don't get out to pump your gas, they don't let you. I don't think I"ve ever gassed up the 2002 in Oregon, so your results with the gas station monkey maybe interesting...

BD

That's the opposite of the usual 02 migration (out of CA). I brought mine up from the bay area to Vancouver on almost the same route. Hope the trip goes smoothly for you.

haha, the seller actually bought the car from SF 5yrs ago and drove it up. Now i guess i'm just bringing it back home ;)

E-mail errors wouldn't let me out. I'm about 10 miles east of 5 at Albany.

Supposed to be hot, might pack a couple jugs of water, no more the 10 over in Oregon, or you might be meeting one of our finest. Also change lanes if you find some one pulled over and the blue lights are flashing, or slow wayyy down. Brother got nicked for $350 a few weeks ago around Wilsonville.

Daryl 541-812-1725. Be in and out all weekend.

Salem is watched and in Lane county look out for dark green sheriffs dept.