• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

starting the search for an 02

Looking here and in the Netherlands ( not netherregions)

limited funds, but limited modifications and Rust, Please!

John the duece has the Touring Tii and the Red Baron

web crawer so no @

pj1477rob4141#yahoo.com

02's are rare in Europe, road salt and harsh winters have taken their toll, not to mention strict TUV inspections, etc.... When I worked at Ramstein Air Base for six months in 2004, I spent a lot of time looking for a Euro spec BMW to bring back to CA. I had to limit my search for 75 and below since I want a smog exempt car here in CA. I found that cars I liked were in two categories, totally restored (very expensive) and cars that needed total restoration (bottomless money pit). I found nothing in between the two. You just don't see old cars on the road over there, If you see a car that's over 20 years old on the road, that's a rare sight. Then three months after I get back to CA, I find a straight and rust free 1970 Euro spec E3 in the San Fernando Valley area of LA for $300, go figure. Interesting to note that Europeans are importing old school cars from the US (CA and the SW region) back to Europe because finding old school cars over there is tough. It may cheaper to import a US spec 02 from CA then spend the money on restoring a road salt ravaged 02, lots of 76 2002's available in CA....

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Thanks

There are rust buckets for sure!

check the NL 02 club

going to look at 2 cars listed there.Anyone for a right hand dive round light baur drop top? looks nice and not toooo much