• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saturday Night Live...pathetic

skipsfcr

Is it just a generational thing or do most of you fing SNL highly UNFUNNY and basically pathetic? The musical guests suck ass too imo.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

I'm 29, and somewhat up on what the kids are into.... and the show is lame. I really enjoyed it back in the 80s and 90s, with Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Kevin Nealon, David Spade, and so on... Nowadays, it's just depressing when I turn it on and I see them struggle with a weak joke. the 'What's up with That?' thing is just painfully dumb. It's like they're going for subtle introspective humor all the time, but you can't do that with a late-night comedy show in front of a live audience with rapidly changing weird skits. It's supposed to be action-filled entertainment, not The Office (which is great at what it does).

About the only thing decent on SNL lately has been the SNL Digital Short Music videos and such from Lonely Planet. They're hilarious well-produced clips, but they're not a live stage show like the original SNL.

Sandler, Spade, Schneider, and most of the other former SNL folks have been making really lame comedies on their own for quite some time by repeating the same damn jokes and style they used on SNL before, so that really takes away from how funny it was when it was originally on SNL. At the time, it was cutting edge humor. I'm sure the same can be said for the old crew with Eddie Murphy and Dana Carvey and Steve Martin, but I'm too young to remember their shows very well. IF we looked at them now, it would look too dated to be as humorous as it once was...

Anyways, I concur that the current SNL mostly sucks, other than the digital shorts.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

the freakshow that is Sarah Palin saved it for me, for a while anyway. Tina Fey's satiric mocking was hilarious and Amy Poehler's rap sendup still kills me. Poor stupid Sarah didn't seem to understand the joke was on her. I cant find a clip on youtube without Fox news idiots introducing it but hopefully you know what im talking about...

I hope to GOD that Palin runs in 012, and Fey returns to SNL for the ensuing laffs.