• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Micro car pics, Vespa & others

DanOKC

So I'm driving down May Ave in OKC today & I see 5 or 6 cool looking old small cars, thought one was an Isetta. I snapped a few pics. There is a website microcarlot.com that shows these guys are driving to Chicago. I'm not sure where from. But there was an Isetta, I didn't get a pic of it due to traffic & they turned off somewhere I didn't see. I did roll down the window & talk to them for a sec at a red light.

They confirmed they had an Isetta in the bunch.

Then I'm going back down May few minutes later & see one near a laundry mat, so I snapped a few more pics. Then I go by an hour later & see another at the laundry. Must be the laundry mat for micro car guys in OKC.

Enjoy !

post-1573-13667629533728_thumb.jpg

post-1573-13667629539229_thumb.jpg

post-1573-13667629544115_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1366762954872_thumb.jpg

2002 owner since 1980

THIS IS THE FAMOUS ROUTE 66 CONVOY .

THEY ARE DRIVING THE ENTIRE 2450 MILES FROM THE SANTA MONICA

PIER IN LA TO CHICAGO .

THEY SEEM TO BE MAKING GOOD TIME TOO .

I KNOW SEVERAL OF THE PARTICIPANTS AND YOU CAN FOLLOW THEIR

ADVENTURES ON FACEBOOK :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Micros-On-Route-66/116754291702294

THE ISETTA BROKE DOWN EARLY ON BUT IS BACK IN THE GAME SO YOU KNOW WHO I AM ROOTIN' FOR .

( HE IS FROM CHICAGO SO FOR HIM THIS IS JUST THE DRIVE HOME )

THERE IS A YELLOW FIAT 500 THAT SEEMS TO BE OUT OF THE RACE FOR THE TIME BEING .

UWE WHO OWNS THE LITTLE GOGGOMOBIL PICKUP TRUCK ( OF WHICH ONLY A HALF DOZEN SURVIVE )

HAD IT SHIPPED ALL THE WAY FROM GERMANY JUST SO HE COULD DRIVE IT ON THIS TRIP !

I WILL BE IN CHICAGO WITH OUR TWO ISETTAS ON THURSDAY TO SEE THEM ARRIVE .

I FEEL LIKE I AM CHEATING BY USING A TRAILER BUT I DIDN'T

HAVE TWO WEEKS TO TAKE OFF JUST TO GET THERE .

reodor.gif

OK , NOW WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FIAT 500 :

"Micros On Route 66 If someone knows of a Fiat 500 transaxle we would be able to buy between here and Springfield I'll, please let us know. We would be able to put into John's car for rest of trip. - Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®"

SOUNDS LIKE JOHN THE OWNER IS VERY DISCOURAGED BUT THEY HAVE A PLAN .

Micros On Route 66 Mechanics have come up with a plan. John's old trans wiil be delivered to Joplin Mo tonight repairs will be made to it and then put in car. Another all night adventure. - Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

YOU HAVE GOT TO LOVE THESE GUYS .

reodor.gif

WOULD YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY FIXED THE CAR ?

LOUIGI IS BACK ON THE ROAD THIS MORNING !

THEY WORKED ALL NIGHT TO PULL IT OFF .

Micros On Route 66 Microcarlot team does it again. Luigi is back in the pack. - Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Micros-On-Route-66/116754291702294#!/photo.php?pid=173133&id=116754291702294

600 MILES TO GO .

reodor.gif

THEY PULLED INTO CHICAGO TODAY AND WILL BE AT THE SHOW IN

CRYSTAL LAKE TOMORROW .

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Micros-On-Route-66/116754291702294#!/photo.php?pid=176187&fbid=132127400164983&id=116754291702294

FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TELL , WE BEAT THEM TO TOWN

BY ABOUT 1/2 HOUR . WE HAS A ROUGH TRIP BUT NOTHING

LIKE THE ADVENTURE THEY HAD !

TIME TO CRASH , BIG DAY TOMORROW .

reodor.gif

THE FIRST THREE CARS ROLLED INTO THE SHOW THIS AFTERNOON .

THIS WAS THE TWO GOGGOS AND THE ISETTA .

I AM NOT SURE WHY THE GROUP SPLIT UP BUT IT WAS GREAT TO BE THERE WHEN THEY PULLED INTO THE LOT .

THE ISETTA GUY , GREG GORDON IS STAYING AT OUR HOTEL . I GUESS WE WILL SEE THE OTHERS TOMORROW .

reodor.gif