• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB New Idler Arm Bushing short style

blepley

• 6 years later...

Update for this post. Part 32212475055 can be bought from the dealer or most aftermarket places like Pelican, ECS, Bimmer World, FCP, ect.... I have a 1970 1600-2 and the blue (013) parts are too long. The blue plastic is fully seated but they stand too tall on both ends. I can't get the washers on. The mount where they go in measures 100mm. I have two engine carriers or front subframes to measure from. Currently I have them on order and haven't tried them yet.

I'm getting the new bushings today. There are only about $36. I'll beat the old ones out this morning and update on the fitting in a few hours.

Good idea. The old ones lasted 47 years and probably would have gone longer but my OCD or CDO didn't allow me to leave the old ones in there when everything else was replaced.

Figured it out. The blue ones work. To install them, remove the center rubber. Tap the blue plastic in place and then hammer the insert back into it. Fits perfectly now. The metal ones are too short by a lot and smaller diameter. If you try and press them in as you get them, the blue plastic will expand near the end and you can't get them in all the way. I also filed down the metal insert just a little to be able to have a lip to drive them out if they ever need to be done again.