• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale: My 1972 2002tii

wrettubj

By any chance, did your folks or the car used to reside on Pearl Avenue on Balboa Island (Newport Beach)? My Girlfriend (now wife) used to live on Pearl and I remember a guy (older) lived mid block with a Verona 72 tii that was like his daily driver. I used to always check the car ou because it was so clean and original (I remember the wheels with the slightly oversize 185 tires on OE steely's). I am thinking it had Scheel seats in it as well and I want to even say I remember him replacing the motor - motor sat covered in the back near the alley - shouldn't remember all of that! You have to tell me if that is the same car. Best of luck with the sale.

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

By any chance, did your folks or the car used to reside on Pearl Avenue on Balboa Island (Newport Beach)? My Girlfriend (now wife) used to live on Pearl and I remember a guy (older) lived mid block with a Verona 72 tii that was like his daily driver. I used to always check the car ou because it was so clean and original (I remember the wheels with the slightly oversize 185 tires on OE steely's). I am thinking it had Scheel seats in it as well and I want to even say I remember him replacing the motor - motor sat covered in the back near the alley - shouldn't remember all of that! You have to tell me if that is the same car. Best of luck with the sale.

BINGO!... That is pretty impressive markmac! Yep, that is the same car. It has not been there for many years, but it spent more years there than not.

Here is another memory test for you. Can you remember what the CA personalized license plate used to say?

Assuming you are still in CA, perhaps you are interested in the spare '73 tii engine? (That's assuming I don't find a way to include it in the sale of the car.)

That is classic. I know it had one, can't recall what it was, but I will remember the second you say it - I know it was a cali blue plate car. I had almost asked him a couple of times about selling the engine, however ended up buying my first tii ('73 #2763503) some time thereafter. '72's are the ones to own. Wish I had the dough and space as well to buy it, tha space is being taken by the ALPINA car, tough to have these cars and not be able to keep them inside. You hear people say "california car", which is generally better than an east coast car as far as rust goes (unless you live on the beach in california and leave your car out). My wife had a friend that lived on the Peninsula on the beach, her '75 02 had through rust in a few places after only a few years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...