• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When do you get a UPS tracking number?

Harv

I bought a pair of seats on eBay a few days ago. The seller says he dropped them off at UPS the next day. That was 2 to 3 days ago. The seller says UPS hasn't given him a tracking number yet.

Is there any way this isn't BS?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

• Administrators

When shipper pays for shipping, UPS will give the number. If you do all the stuff online, you will get the tracking number beforenyou even drop off the items.

Steve k.

P.s. I have not shipped you syff yet, and it will be fed ex :)

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I don't know if a situation exists where you don't get a tracking number. If printing via paypal and then dropping off from there, you get the number right away as part of the label. If dropping off and paying in store, it's on the receipt.

Sounds like he hasn't dropped it off yet and is trying to buy some time.. It's much easier to be honest and just say "busier than anticipated, but I will get it in the mail by XX date." I've had to do that a couple of times and the buyer has always been understanding and felt at ease.

I'm starting to feel uneasy about this transaction.

Few more days and I guess I can file a claim with eBay.

Thanks Steve. No hurry. Today is day one of my 8 day tour.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades