• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Orginal Price for 1972

SurferJim

Hi to all:

Thank you very much to all who contribute to this site, not sure why I have not found this after having 02 for 3 years. Okay being clueless due to work demands sounds about right.

As a newbie I hope my forum technique is decent , my apologies prior if not.

I was dismayed a couple a years a go when I asked about some basic questions on lexus IS 300 forum[ yes my daily driver, don't hate me ] since I don't track my car or wished to discuss for hours on end the BMW vs. Lexus idealogue world. I was ignored.

I have had my roundie for 3 years bought from Select Classics in Dallas and as cash has allowed me been getting the tough items restored up at Coupe King.

My question:

I found a very tattered Sticker price from Hoffman/Texas dealer in some of my car's old paper work trying to piece back together .

What was the base price for a 2002 non sunroof , 4 speed in 1972 ?

Any threads , sites or answers greatly appreciated.

Enjoy this day

Jim

Golf Yellow 1972 Roundie, Std, no mods ,no rust, no track days & restoration 95 % there

The base price for my late 72 was $3571.00.

With the pretty much mandatory options (tinted glass, reclining seats, tachometer, sway bars, heatable rear window, skai (vinyl) upholstery and antifreeze(!) the total was $3874.45.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

Select Classics seem to be on everybodies S***-list these days. How did you find dealing with them?

They currently have a 74 Inka tii on fleabay

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Big Thanks Bill:

I think some of my List pieces suggest a price a bit over $ 3,800 so am in the ball park. Anti freeze wasn't mentioned on mine , maybe that is why it still runs a bit hot here in So Cal when over 100 degrees outside...Ha

Enjoy

Jim C.

Golf Yellow 1972 Roundie, Std, no mods ,no rust, no track days & restoration 95 % there

MPKWY:

I found Jon Owner of Select Classics upfront , helpful and honest when dealing with him buying my 72 over the internet.

I would buy from him in the future and might do so by trading in my 72 for a upgraded TII.

However , for a second car I would be take a trip to Dallas to inspect the car before submitting the final check and take a final test drive.

Jim C.

1600 Nevada:

Thank you for group advice, always looking and listening when time allows with forums.

My 72 is located in coastal area of Orange county, Ca.

So when I strap on my long boards to go surf I always seem to run into German tourists in beach areas who want to sit in my car and get their photos taken with it.

Yet not one of them has taken me up on my offer for selling it to them for 18,000 Euro's...damn

Ha

enjoy

Jim C.