• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I finally got my hands on one....

evanc

I haven't been on the FAQ for some time now and I finally have something worthy to post. I've been living abroad now for over two years and have been BMWless. It's been a tough two years not having something to drive, work on, meet the local club, etc... but about three weeks ago I picked up this:

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

I found the car on a site called Allegro.pl here in Poland. After having a friend of mine call and ask about several cars I decided that this one was the best available and it hadn't sold yet. Drove out on a Sunday to go check the car out (6 hour return trip) and after deciding it was a worthy car we drove back the following Tuesday. Needless to say I finally feel whole again and I was even more excited that I found a touring. It is only a 2.0l, but probably better for me not to speed around too much. The roads here are terrible and as you can see from the photos it's got lowered springs. My 02 wouldn't do well on these streets.

It does need some work. The guy I bought it from hasn't done anything to the car in the three years since he purchased from a guy in Germany. All the hoses need to be replaced, needs a tune bad... it just needs some attention. Thankfully the car has been garaged for the last three years and I'm lucky to have a space in my building. Between the road conditions and the weather conditions, Poland is not really too kind to cars. I could start talking about driving behaviors, but that's another time.

If you find yourself in Warsaw, Poland give me a shout and I can probably pick you up!

Thanks for reading.

Evan

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

I happen to agree with you! I've always wanted to own one. How many years do I have to wait to get it home? 5 more years or am I wrong? I suppose that even if I take a job somewhere else I can put the car in storage here and ship it home then. Hmmmm....

The best looking touring that BMW ever produced. Yes, I said it.

jb

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

Congrats Evan.

It's BADASS! I'd love to have one. I've always said, the e30 is the true successor to the '02. Are you going to import it when the time comes?

Hope all is well- Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Thanks Cris. I've been waiting and waiting... It was driving me nuts not to have an e30 or 02. At last the time has come for me to explore my BMW interests in Europe!

It'll be five more years before I can import the touring so we'll see. I hope I can.

Congrats Evan.

It's BADASS! I'd love to have one. I've always said, the e30 is the true successor to the '02. Are you going to import it when the time comes?

Hope all is well- Cris

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)